Fordmods Logo

alted STG 3 (bad stuff happend nice pics on page 7) 

Page 7 of 10 [ 137 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:07 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

NSW, Australia

Hrmmm nope. :cry:
Put mine on there, and I'll take yours lol :wink: :!:

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:12 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 50 images

Ride: MYSTERY EL's & Maverick LWB

Power: 198 rwkw

NSW, Australia

10 k for a froint end is s**t
try about 6/5k for all that work
tell to take it to another shop and if so who is it insured with if ya dont mind me askin

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind !
For Sale : EL Fairmont 4L 5spd offers, AU Fairlane Ghia 4L vct Stock no mods $3.5k ono

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Oettinger Golf GTI

NSW, Australia

how'd u write it off/ what happened?!@

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:17 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

MRE-40L wrote:
10 k for a froint end is s**t
try about 6/5k for all that work
tell to take it to another shop and if so who is it insured with if ya dont mind me askin

her insurance is nrma who i am claiming through.. her fault not mine

I have a car.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

i can do a deal with you

we put on my stock head and cam (EL non tickford) and i'll buy yours :)

too many rabbits in china

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:53 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
her insurance is nrma who i am claiming through.. her fault not mine

You claim through your own insurance company and they chase up hers to get the money back... You may find that your insurance mob is happier to rebuild the car... Mind you yours is not skin deep damage, Ive seen lesser looking damaged cars cost 15k to redo the front end.

My partner was involved in a smash, dip s**t didnt look when crossing a main road and she collied at 70kph... anyway the bullbar absorbed most of it, that pushed into the bonnet, fenders radiator support rah rah, and it cost 7k

Fulli Sik Re

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:48 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

Yeah I was on my way to work cruising down parramatta road bout 8am, doing bout 60 kay, thats the most you can do in Sydney peak hour traffic, 3 lane road, I was in the left lane, gutter lane. the traffic in my lane was flowwing she was in the centre lane, the traffic in her lane was stopped, she decided that the spot in front of me was ideal to attempt her POS old Honda Odessy into without using either an indicator or an accelerator, so I'm doing 60 shes doing, oh I dunno maybe 5 - 10 kays. I have about 10 meters of room to stop. no chance, I stood on the brakes, I had to steer to stay in my lane or side swipe about 3 cars, gave that POS a 60km/h punch up the a**. Cause I was on the brakesthe front of my car was right down as wellI went under the rear bar of her car and slammed into the mounts for a big MOFO of a tow bar. basically 2 pieces of 8mm steel hanging out the back.
Good thing was that I punched the car hard enough that she then went into the gutter, snapped the front wheel off her car. now the kicker. she attempts to drive away, on 3 wheels, while plowing a deep gash into parramatta road, a bus who saw it happen then puts himself into position to try and stop her, so she tries to use the footpath the go round, the front end gets stuck in the concrete on the path and the car stops 150m from the accident. I didn't go talk to her until my car was on the tow truck, and the first thing she does is accuse me of speeding, my answer to that was bassically how the hell could I speed in bumber to bumper traffic, and secondly if she even saw I was speeding WTF was she doing pulling out in front of me. turns out as well she had 2 kids in the car that she bundled into a meat waggon and sent off for every scan and probe under the sun, now she discovers that the hospital is gonna cost $$$ and figures that insurance will cover that.. MY insurance that is. BUT today I get a call from the cops saying they have charged her and suspended her licence, she copped
failure to give way 3 points,
failure to indicate and give way while merging 3 ponts and neg driving 3 points
haha 9 points.. I was starting to think she was being punished enough just driving a honda odessey, the icing on the cake, the medical expences she was racking up, she thought I was in the wrong cause I hit her from behind, well she has to pay the expences, she thought she would be ok cause she had CTP property, in this state that only covers injury and property damage to what ever you hit and injury to the passenger or any other vehicle involved not passengers in her car, so all those tests she now has to pay for with her $$$ she gets a 3 wheeled car and no licence to go anywhere in her 3 wheeled car. I guess this just goes to show that just cause you have a licence only means you have the right to drive not the skills to drive.

But I got done over too.. My car is in a very sorry state, it will be getting delivered here tomorrow, so I will take some un-happy snaps and post em up. have a look in my gallery at how good the car WAS. and the posted pics to how it is now.. its damn hard to look at, But Jaysen from ALTED has a Beast of a cam that currently resides under my rocker cover, the least I can do is take it out and either sell it or hand it back or get my car fixxed and put it back in..
I like the 3rd option but it may meen putting in $$$ out of my pocket to so if anyone has some SPARE xr parts round that they want to donate to a VERY worthy cause or resurrection, feel free to PM me.. very shortly the future of the cam will be decided and every one will be advised accordingly as to what path I will go down.
I already know the answer to a poll or fix or scrap would be 99% fix and some idiot like sonornoisuf or noisuf would suggest scrapping the car..

my ego is shattered my wrist is sore, my baby is bent, I wish I had done more damage to the honda and less to mine, lets face it, the honda is made with dopes in mind who can only drive like a dodge-em car, the XR is for the purist.

I pray for the resurection..

I have a car.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:49 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

just looked and realised how bloody hard that is to read..

stuffI drive a ford, I have no time for punctuation or grammatial correctness.

I have a car.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:54 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

DAve my car is insured with Budget Direct, but I'm claiming through her insurance and she is with NRMA (national rip-off MOFO Association) like they care for or about drivers. I don't give a stuff what they say in their ads, this is my 1st ever stack and they have made me fight s**t up hill the whole way and its only day 2 of this s**t fight.. there is another saga that I will post at a later date about the hassle of getting my car delivered to my house instead of going to a damn insurance company holding yard. they took it there before anyone even notified me that the car was being written off or consulting me at all.. said it before will say it again stoopid MOFO's

I have a car.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:57 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

on the up side got my wifes Astra insured today, NRMA wanted $1054 a year, went to young and cool, full comprehansive with under 25 driver (wife) $600 a year with a pay by the month option at no extra cost!

NRMA is now on my hit list, right along side the ford spare parts department, bloody theives (another story for another day. love the car hate the parts department.

I have a car.

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:00 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

post whoring my own thread.. interesting..

the ultimate insult to injury occured..

My car is smashed..

the free car supplied by the smash repairer..

A hyundai Xcel... dunno whats worse.. never been in one before never want to again.. I was probably an old customers car that they were too embarased to pick up.. worse yet no window tint so every one can see the tool driving a purple xcel.. pricks.

I have a car.

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 26 images

Ride: '97 EL XR6

QLD, Australia

I think your big post read very well... but then again I just finished a s**t fight of a night a work so it just made sense.
So what's the plan with your car being taking to a holding yard? Are you allowed to go in and grab any personal stuff that you may have left in the car while it's there? Who knows, maybe no one will look twice at you if you open the bonnet and took the cam off there. Or you could give them a sob story that the cam isn't yours and that you have to give it back to a friend...

With the Hyundai Excel, I get stuck with one all the time from my local repairer. Have fun with it. They do good burn outs and can take a trashing :)

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

i don't mean to come across as mr negativity but wouldn't you be better off buying a new car? no car is ever the same especially if something is bent. buy that 5 grand ef here on fm and start again dude...at least you are in one piece

too many rabbits in china

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:07 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Now that is 1 sad story man
I hope the insurer will let you take the car home.

My condolences to you i know what its like when they take your baby way its like they are taking part of you with it.

But aleast you werent seriously hurt.

David

EF Futura factory 5 spd
Pacemaker 4480 w/ Redback cat back 2 1/2
RPD Rspec4 cam with Ported Head
RPD Rocker Gear
RPD MS2 ECU

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Oh s**t!........I was looking forward hearing a sound clip of your cam dude.

Really sorry about your car man.

Hope everything works out for you.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 10  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next