Fordmods Logo

Another person needs some help 

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont

ACT, Australia

I know. I did tell the olds and they just said i was an idiot. Like i said, I knew it was coming, but i think it would've been nicer not just to criticise, but help with my problem at the same time. I learned my lesson. Honestly, I don't give a s**t - i didn't hurt anyone and it's not going to happen again, so IMO there's nothing to worry about.

Plus, I didn't hit the roo, and no, I wouldn't have called anyone if i had. Woulda copped it sweet, left the insurance til later and walked home knowing I learned my lesson in a hard way (not the hardest way, I know). I'm probably going to leave it at that, you can have the last word.

In other news, the whole thing has lead me to put my name down for a defensive driving course. My mum tells me they're a whole lot of fun and you have to buy new tyres afterwards anyway, so I'll just do that. I'm not going to be like all the p-platers you see on the news, I'll learn how to avoid the situations wherever possible.

Auto '99 AU Fairmont
--------------------------------------
Pacemaker 4499's, Hi-flow cat, 2.5" Redback catback
K & N Filter, NGK Plugs
Lows all 'round, Monroe's in the front, GSR's in the rear
Pioneer H/U
Tickford Bodykit
COMING SOON:
17's
30mm + 22mm adjustable sway bars.

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

Airved wrote:
I know. I did tell the olds and they just said i was an idiot. Like i said, I knew it was coming, but i think it would've been nicer not just to criticise, but help with my problem at the same time. I learned my lesson. Honestly, I don't give a s**t - i didn't hurt anyone and it's not going to happen again, so IMO there's nothing to worry about.

Plus, I didn't hit the roo, and no, I wouldn't have called anyone if i had. Woulda copped it sweet, left the insurance til later and walked home knowing I learned my lesson in a hard way (not the hardest way, I know). I'm probably going to leave it at that, you can have the last word.

In other news, the whole thing has lead me to put my name down for a defensive driving course. My mum tells me they're a whole lot of fun and you have to buy new tyres afterwards anyway, so I'll just do that. I'm not going to be like all the p-platers you see on the news, I'll learn how to avoid the situations wherever possible.

fair enough, i wonder why you'd risk anything in the first place atleast you relise what you did. (more than i can say for other ppl (young idiots) boasting about stupid s**t on here)

the oil question should be in another thread maybe? but if you put in 3L of oil (more than half that to fill the engine i think) wouldnt the gauge go crazy anyway? sounds like lack of oil if you had to add some. but if its still doing it now i'd say it'd be the sensor

the tyres? if you've checked the pressures, i'd have a chat to the guy at your local black doughnut shop. they might have some ideas.

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Yeah, I don't know. I would have to get an external pressure sensor, hey? Have to do a search around.

Theoretically, wearing the tyres down should make a difference in shape, shouldn't it? It's only my rear-left bumping around. I think i might go try it somewhere isolated, if it fails, I'll just run on my spare til i can fork out for some new ones.

Auto '99 AU Fairmont
K & N Filter, NGK Plugs
Pioneer H/U
Tickford Bodykit
COMING SOON:
17's

Post subject: Re: Another person needs some help
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:22 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Airved wrote:
Hey guys

Last night I was heading home from a big night out (only slightly over the limit) and almost had a run-in with a roo. I was going about 110, it jumped out, i did a nice loud, smokey 360, ended up on the side of the road, no one got hurt.

Problem is, now it feels like i'm rolling on a flat tyre, though they're all fine. I've been reading about breaking the belt in the tyre and it sounds like it might be close to it. It feels almost like an egg in the tyres, but I'm just wanting to know if there's anything else it could possibly be? I didn't hit anything and the whole thing happened on flat ground, so i didn't bottom out or anything.

Another quick question while i'm writing:
My oil pressure reading is always all over the shop, sometimes the needle shakes like crazy, other times it'll go a bit over 3/4 when accelerating and other times (when at idle) it'll drop right down to varying points - sometimes about 1/6th the metre, other times almost halfway. A few months ago it always stayed dead on halfway, then i added about 3 litres of 20w50 to top it up and it started. Anyone got any ideas on what it could be?

I know the second question is always asked, but it's easier just to add to my post than search it up ;)

First i would have to say you’re an idiot for driving wile under the influence.

Second what happen to you was carmer you should learn from it.

BANNED

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

most people I know have driven over the limit at some point. But as said, not something to bring up in the forum. Anyway, hes learnt his lesson and been backed into a corner over the issue, and has also gotten his answer. So maybe people can stop posting threads about how much of a d***head he is. The issue isn't going to progress any further.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Mad, Bunter.

Thank you, smiley.

Still looking for another answer though. Is it DEFINITELY a new tyre situation, or will it wear down over time?

Auto '99 AU Fairmont
K & N Filter, NGK Plugs
Pioneer H/U
Tickford Bodykit
COMING SOON:
17's

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:13 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Airved wrote:
Mad, Bunter.

Thank you, smiley.

Still looking for another answer though. Is it DEFINITELY a new tyre situation, or will it wear down over time?

Flat spots on all 4 = 4 new ones, use the flat spotted ones for the burnout pad.

it is dangerous to drive around like that, don’t be a tight a** and get new ones.

BANNED

Post subject: Re: Another person needs some help
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:28 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Well the driving side is covered enough - albeit many times over(and over, and over) - you'll gain a lot from defensive driver training, so a good idea there.
Take your car to a decent tyre place - they'll tell you how your tyres are travelling.

Airved wrote:
Another quick question while i'm writing:
My oil pressure reading is always all over the shop, sometimes the needle shakes like crazy, other times it'll go a bit over 3/4 when accelerating and other times (when at idle) it'll drop right down to varying points - sometimes about 1/6th the metre, other times almost halfway. A few months ago it always stayed dead on halfway, then i added about 3 litres of 20w50 to top it up and it started. Anyone got any ideas on what it could be?
This one's a bit disturbing - 5.5L is the oil capacity of an I6 - you've been running at less than half capacity before topping up ???
Treat yourself to some decent oil, and a ryco/valvoline oil filter - chances are you won't know when the last oil change was - may help with the issue - certainly won't hurt, and the oil change sounds like it is needed.
See if that helps - the engine bearings/lifters, etc will love you for it anyway.
Check the oil sticky on here, or your handbook for oil type - 20W50 is okay to use, but not the preferred viscosity.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

My tech book tells me the engine takes about 6L, when i filled it, it was a bit under a third full (just under the FILL line... scary). This was two weeks after i bought it as i forgot to check the oil when i bought it. Right now, it's running a bit over half full and i'm just trying to find enough daylight hours to change the oil + filter. Hopefully will be able to next week.

Auto '99 AU Fairmont
K & N Filter, NGK Plugs
Pioneer H/U
Tickford Bodykit
COMING SOON:
17's

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Power: 192 rwkw

SA, Australia

ok fair enough, lesson to be learnt here is dont admit to doin anything ilegal and or stupid on here cos we are all goin to hang s**t on u

everyone does stupid s**t, only retards admit to it

we all hav to watch our a*** here, cops do read this stuff all the time ok mate?

get sum new tires and get on with it

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Discussing awesome burnouts is okay though... right? :(

I'm not referring to any specific event here, but I DON'T THINK (as in, I'm not 100%) cops could really do much if they patrolled the forums, anyway. Theoretically, I could say I did a burnout out the front of the cop shop while high and drunk off my face. They couldn't really prove it unless it was witnessed. Plus, there's no info on here really linking the me who posts on forums and the me who drives. I'm Canberran, 18, and I drive a lowered falcon with exhaust... Who doesn't? :) They couldn't track it through rego or insurance or anything either - the insurance don't know of my mods. I've only got third party anyway, as would anyone with a car worth $300.

Not intentionally trying to offend, but it's true. All i've got to put up with is being flamed for drink driving and being cheered for doing big burnouts and doughnuts in isolated areas and not getting caught.

Feel free to correct me, I might be wrong.

Auto '99 AU Fairmont
K & N Filter, NGK Plugs
Pioneer H/U
Tickford Bodykit
COMING SOON:
17's

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Power: 192 rwkw

SA, Australia

they could trac u down thru your email

unlikely tho i guess

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Airved wrote:
Discussing awesome burnouts is okay though... right? :(

I'm not referring to any specific event here, but I DON'T THINK (as in, I'm not 100%) cops could really do much if they patrolled the forums, anyway. Theoretically, I could say I did a burnout out the front of the cop shop while high and drunk off my face. They couldn't really prove it unless it was witnessed. Plus, there's no info on here really linking the me who posts on forums and the me who drives. I'm Canberran, 18, and I drive a lowered falcon with exhaust... Who doesn't? :) They couldn't track it through rego or insurance or anything either - the insurance don't know of my mods. I've only got third party anyway, as would anyone with a car worth $300.

Not intentionally trying to offend, but it's true. All i've got to put up with is being flamed for drink driving and being cheered for doing big burnouts and doughnuts in isolated areas and not getting caught.

Feel free to correct me, I might be wrong.

yeah, i wouldnt think telling ppl you did a burnout is the best thing to do, but in some respects, you made some noise and smoke? woooo!

i wouldnt go whipping the tyres though to get rid of the flat spots. you'll wreck something, (gearbox, cooling) something might not hold up. go to pick a part and grab a set of blacks with some tread left if its that bad and you dont want to spend up of new's

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

Airved wrote:
Yeah, I don't know. I would have to get an external pressure sensor, hey? Have to do a search around.

Theoretically, wearing the tires down should make a difference in shape, shouldn't it? It's only my rear-left bumping around. I think i might go try it somewhere isolated, if it fails, I'll just run on my spare till i can fork out for some new ones.

hey mate not understanding all the criticism on this that your getting yeah ur a tool for doing it but i'm sure you already know it... hell i considered it tonight after some guy said he'd smash my window if i kept playing annual 2008 out the front (but theres about 3 cameras looking at my car right now :) )

my oil gauge in the old EF (i don't even get one in the AU) was all over the shop but doest sound right if it changed when you topped it up... i did put 20-50 im my old ford but a mate the works at a ford joint said caltex 15-40 is the only way... as for tires what size are they.... if there only 15s stop your winging and get a set of new ones... if any big any tire place is at least happy to have a look for you...

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

aired, its not leaking oil somewhere is it?

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next