Fordmods Logo

ANY IDEAS ON WAT TO DO TO MY EL XR6 1997 (TIK-4RD) 

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: ANY IDEAS ON WAT TO DO TO MY EL XR6 1997 (TIK-4RD)
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

hawkzs wrote:
i wasnt drinkin driving i came off my rode bike and had broke ribs couldnt breath thats y i refused the wento to hospital and they didnt blood test me!!!!!!!!! i was sober
no paky cops target all the buys cars who work at the locall macanics even wen my mum drives it she gets pulled up

a verdict, just going by that lot of jibberish alone.....i'd say the police have done their job.

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
hawkzs wrote:
i wasnt drinkin driving i came off my rode bike and had broke ribs couldnt breath thats y i refused the wento to hospital and they didnt blood test me!!!!!!!!! i was sober
no paky cops target all the buys cars who work at the locall macanics even wen my mum drives it she gets pulled up

a verdict, just going by that lot of jibberish alone.....i'd say the police have done their job.

Agree, I honestly think even an idiot cop would of seen that you couldn't breath properly. Should of gave it ago and tell them that you can't promise nothing regarding completing test etc.

"paky cops" Pakistani born police or em I missing something. "buys cars" again in the immortal words of pauline hanson "please explain?"

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 97 el xr6 ,97 el xr6

VIC, Australia

Froudey wrote:
FordFairmont wrote:
hawkzs wrote:

Agree, I honestly think even an idiot cop would of seen that you couldn't breath properly. Should of gave it ago and tell them that you can't promise nothing regarding completing test etc.

"paky cops" Pakistani born police or em I missing something. "buys cars" again in the immortal words of pauline hanson "please explain?"

pakenham cops

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

yea why sell something you can make it to your own car in 4yrs....can do heaps of work in that time, i'd throw a turbo on it and do the sounds.
plus i recon the el xr6 is one of the best looking falcons out there

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: f6 rspec

NSW, Australia

Froudey wrote:
hawkzs wrote:
93_eb_fairmont wrote:
What did you do to lose it for 4 years?

refusal to breath test apparently pakky cops stitched me up
and speeding ,, it sux but my misses will have the car out august next year maby ..

A) why refuse unless your a d***head drinking and driving..
B) speeding hey? how fast?
C) stiched you up hmmm, what did they plant a bag of coke or something...

in four years man, the EL's will be going for like 2grand for a upsec car, s**t even the FG's will be around the 5-6 thousand dollar mark give or take...

But i has been said, interior conversion, bushes, shocks, springs, etc etc are you going to let it run out of rego? then do the driveline up (mainly suspension brakes ball joints bearings etc) so in four years it will pass with flying colours...

how do u figure fgs will be 5-6k in four years? you can only just buy a ba (which are almost 8 years old now by the way) with over 300 000km's for that

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

FORDom wrote:
Froudey wrote:
hawkzs wrote:
93_eb_fairmont wrote:
What did you do to lose it for 4 years?

refusal to breath test apparently pakky cops stitched me up
and speeding ,, it sux but my misses will have the car out august next year maby ..

A) why refuse unless your a d***head drinking and driving..
B) speeding hey? how fast?
C) stiched you up hmmm, what did they plant a bag of coke or something...

in four years man, the EL's will be going for like 2grand for a upsec car, s**t even the FG's will be around the 5-6 thousand dollar mark give or take...

But i has been said, interior conversion, bushes, shocks, springs, etc etc are you going to let it run out of rego? then do the driveline up (mainly suspension brakes ball joints bearings etc) so in four years it will pass with flying colours...

how do u figure fgs will be 5-6k in four years? you can only just buy a ba (which are almost 8 years old now by the way) with over 300 000km's for that

Taxi's lol

bad figure but the FG Mk1 will be a cheap car to buy, In Dubbo I have seen 02 model BA's go for this kind of money with around the 180thou km mark...

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:53 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: toyo,2ea,3eb,1ef,1el,zh

QLD, Australia

keep it-- still be worth same or more in 4years than it is now---how many xr6 & s model boxcars in same condition do you see for under $4000 now?-- not to many--ive got a 1978 zh marquis sitting in old mans shed, been there 21 years-at the time was selling it & my 1978 xc2door to fund baby daughter due 2weeks later.sold xc to caryard--marquis was sold & on way to drop of another car sideswiped front pas-guard at traffic lights-new owner wouldnt accept it even if fixed as was after totaly origanal car, so got put in shed to fix -sell later=== still there &? has not depreiciated only gained in value--but would have been better to put 2door in shed--lolol--back then was only worth 4000-[ 351 4v /manual/9inch/61000klm. picked wife & daughter up from hospital in a 76 mini that i bought for $75 registered--lol---wife was not impressed--a 5yr old +4yr old +baby in capsule in back wife & i in front + baby gear.lolhad it 2-1/2 years-wife refused to drive it even once===that was 21yrs&1month ago--30 year old son now wants marquis to custom--mmmm--not

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:26 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Ford Falcon XG

VIC, Australia

i say keep it.if your love for your car means more to you than dollar value.the car still looks like its in pretty good nick and like others have said...u can get alot dont in 4 years.u can sell it but chances are u will regret it one day

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

xcbest wrote:
keep it-- still be worth same or more in 4years than it is now---how many xr6 & s model boxcars in same condition do you see for under $4000 now?-- not to many--ive got a 1978 zh marquis sitting in old mans shed, been there 21 years-at the time was selling it & my 1978 xc2door to fund baby daughter due 2weeks later.sold xc to caryard--marquis was sold & on way to drop of another car sideswiped front pas-guard at traffic lights-new owner wouldnt accept it even if fixed as was after totaly origanal car, so got put in shed to fix -sell later=== still there &? has not depreiciated only gained in value--but would have been better to put 2door in shed--lolol--back then was only worth 4000-[ 351 4v /manual/9inch/61000klm. picked wife & daughter up from hospital in a 76 mini that i bought for $75 registered--lol---wife was not impressed--a 5yr old +4yr old +baby in capsule in back wife & i in front + baby gear.lolhad it 2-1/2 years-wife refused to drive it even once===that was 21yrs&1month ago--30 year old son now wants marquis to custom--mmmm--not

thanx for the non negative feed bak like everyone ealse is giving me , i have a baby on the way and saving for a house but im putting a lil bit of money away to spend on my car , think im just doing simple mods now sooo i dont loose value =] cheerz daniel

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

dahayes wrote:
i say keep it.if your love for your car means more to you than dollar value.the car still looks like its in pretty good nick and like others have said...u can get alot dont in 4 years.u can sell it but chances are u will regret it one day

im deff keeping it cause ill regret it i no it i love my car soo much s many fun times =]

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:33 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AUII XR6, EBII XR6

SA, Australia

I wouldn't spend too much on it, what if the world blows up with the 2012 theory?

Lol. I wouldn't sell it... I am in the process of parting with my EB (first car) and it's hard to see it go

EBII S XR6: 5 Speed short shifter, 4499s, gutted cat, 2.5" Redback, K&N Pod.
AUII XR6: 5 speed, King Super Low Rears.

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:51 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

QLD, Australia

wouldnt you spend more on it if the 2012 theory happens? you wont need the car or money if ur dead lol

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AUII XR6, EBII XR6

SA, Australia

facer01 wrote:
wouldnt you spend more on it if the 2012 theory happens? you wont need the car or money if ur dead lol

Lol I wouldn't because if you spend money on it now, you won't benefit from it yet because he has no license til 2013 and the world will supposedly be dead by then lol.

Getting back on topic, if your missus is gonna be driving it in the next year or 2, why not put some dosh into it? It looks like a nice XR already, I'd probably do the brakes next, then maybe get a big cam and put 4.11s in it.

EBII S XR6: 5 Speed short shifter, 4499s, gutted cat, 2.5" Redback, K&N Pod.
AUII XR6: 5 speed, King Super Low Rears.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:01 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

havok wrote:
facer01 wrote:

Lol I wouldn't because if you spend money on it now, you won't benefit from it yet because he has no license til 2013 and the world will supposedly be dead by then lol.

Getting back on topic, if your missus is gonna be driving it in the next year or 2, why not put some dosh into it? It looks like a nice XR already, I'd probably do the brakes next, then maybe get a big cam and put 4.11s in it.

lol no 2012 theroy is gonna stop me , yeah was thinking bigger brakes,line locker,j3,hedders and a wade cam

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3