Fordmods Logo

AU 6 in ED 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: AU 6 in ED
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:26 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 93

Joined: 1st Oct 2011

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

Hi everyone.

Ive read as many of the au into e series threads and i think ive got a pretty good handle on how to do it.

I want to put and au engine into my ed.

I want to keep all my ed pulleys ac and ps pump alt etc. Can u put my ed timing case onto an au engine? That way all my timing mark will line up with the balancer and all the brackets and pulleys should go straight on?

Also can i put an au auto in as well or are they to long? If they are to long can i just use the e series extension housing?

I plan on using my existing ed wiring harness and manifolds run by an el ecu

Sorry for all the questions im just trying to get all the planning done so i can get a week to do it over the xmas break.

Cheers

 

_________________

the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: AU 6 in ED
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:34 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 60

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

Q) I want to put and au engine into my ed.
A) Yes.

Q) I want to keep all my ed pulleys ac and ps pump alt etc. Can u put my ed timing case onto an au engine? That way all my timing mark will line up with the balancer and all the brackets and pulleys should go straight on?
A) Yes, you can fit the ED Pulleys and timing case to the AU Engine. You would be better off using the serpentine setup off the AU Engine as the ED Pulleys drian power from your engine. As you are going to use the EL ECU, you will be able to use this to un the thermo fns or you could fit a Davis Craig thermo switch. To use the ED alternator, you will need to fit the pully from the ED to the AU Alternator. Not worth the effort, use the Serpentine belt setup. If you use an AUII/III alernator, you won't need to change the plug, if you use an AUI, you will need to change the plug.

Q) Also can i put an au auto in as well or are they to long? If they are to long can i just use the e series extension housing?
A) AU auto is exactly the same length as the E series BTR's. If you use the AU Auto, make sure you use the AU Torque convertor.

Q) I plan on using my existing ed wiring harness and manifolds run by an el ecu.
A) This will present no issues.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: AU 6 in ED
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:02 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 93

Joined: 1st Oct 2011

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

Thank you very much for the informative reply its very much appreciated.

My main reason for wanting to use the ed balancer and accessories is the power steer pump is only about 18 months old and my $600 a.c compressor is only about a month old. Im happy to go the serp belt if i can keep my compressor as i dont want to have to evacuate it and get it regassed.

I already have the el ecu running the show so i suppose i should take advantage of it and go the thermofan and broadband manifold conversion.

Thank you

 

_________________

the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: AU 6 in ED
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:34 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2750

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:

Q) I plan on using my existing ed wiring harness and manifolds run by an el ecu.
A) This will present no issues.



can someone please explain this comment to me as i'm not understanding your answer grumps
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: AU 6 in ED
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:40 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 60

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
SWC wrote:

Q) I plan on using my existing ed wiring harness and manifolds run by an el ecu.
A) This will present no issues.



can someone please explain this comment to me as i'm not understanding your answer grumps


Running the ED wiring harness etc will present no issues. (Will be ok).
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: AU 6 in ED
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:06 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2750

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
SWC wrote:

Q) I plan on using my existing ed wiring harness and manifolds run by an el ecu.
A) This will present no issues.



can someone please explain this comment to me as i'm not understanding your answer grumps


Running the ED wiring harness etc will present no issues. (Will be ok).



running the ED intake?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: AU 6 in ED
Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:09 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 60

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
SWC wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
SWC wrote:

Q) I plan on using my existing ed wiring harness and manifolds run by an el ecu.
A) This will present no issues.



can someone please explain this comment to me as i'm not understanding your answer grumps


Running the ED wiring harness etc will present no issues. (Will be ok).



running the ED intake?


No issues with that either. Not as good as the BBM but still fine.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: AU 6 in ED
Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:08 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2750

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
SWC wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
SWC wrote:

Q) I plan on using my existing ed wiring harness and manifolds run by an el ecu.
A) This will present no issues.



can someone please explain this comment to me as i'm not understanding your answer grumps


Running the ED wiring harness etc will present no issues. (Will be ok).



running the ED intake?


No issues with that either. Not as good as the BBM but still fine.



ok got ya ........ i thinks
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:29 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names