Fordmods Logo

AU exhaust stock to lukey?? help needed!! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: AU exhaust stock to lukey?? help needed!!
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:46 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: au2 futura

QLD, Australia

Hey guys just signed up to this fordmods site, it looks sick. i'm 15, but i'm here about mums car. she has an au2 falcon futura sedan, needs a new exhaust system. her entire system is rusted out, and the fella down at midas car care thinks the catalytic con needs to be replaced...

we were thinking about getting the lukey 2.5inch 'super system' for that bit of extra growl seeing as it is the same price as replacing it with "standard replacement" junk.

if she needs to get an exhaust system plus the cat converter, what should we look at? she doesn't want to spend over $850 on it all. i've read on here that the lukey exhaust is awesome, but to steer clear of their cats, turbo muffs and extractors... is this true?

how would she acheive a deeper tone when getting the 2.5 lukey and whatever cat converter. the whole lot does need replacing, not just doing it for the sake of it.

thanks alot guys, appreciate the help! :? :)

AUII FUTURA. Pioneer deck. Pioneer splits. Rockford 6x9s & 12" sub. Viper alarm. Pacemakers & Lukey 2.5 Cat back. Monroe shocks...shame it's mums

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:39 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Lukey mufflers and Catalytic convers are quite good However there extraxtors/Headers leave a little to be desired ..... Go pacemaker or H&M 4 extractor use . Plus a good 2 2/5 inch mandrel system is nice ( No press bend s**t ) ... OH HANG ON ! ! I may have blow the budget .... If all the money can afford is lukey extractors they are far better than the cast stock header ... cheers jim

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:45 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Jim here again

if you need a whole exhaust replacment just go 2 1/2 " with a high flow cat ( Not really required ) and a redback muffler ( probably dual ) that should be sufficent don't bother with resignator .. 2 mufflers should be fine ... I got a 3" mandrel stainless system with 2 mufflers and it doesn't drone too much ...... Even with a vortech v1!

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

hmm ok so extractors... extractors and catalytic converter, do they have something in common or are they associated with each other or something? sorry i have hardly even general knowledge of these things haha. should we really worry about extractors when we get the exhaust system with cat converter? thanks, ky.

AUII FUTURA. Pioneer deck. Pioneer splits. Rockford 6x9s & 12" sub. Viper alarm. Pacemakers & Lukey 2.5 Cat back. Monroe shocks...shame it's mums

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ea falcon

VIC, Australia

Not necessary! You can get a 2.5in cat back Red back exhaust fitted for about $350 and a Hi flow cat if you really need a new cat for about $250. Exhaust systems run as follows extractors,catalytic converter then the exhaust whhich will have mufflers and resonators and so on along it depending on spec. If you wanna learn abouit it ask your mechanic to show/ewxplain it to you as he goes!

Ultimately if all you want is a nicer sound fit a 2.5in and have the resonator removed, you will noticed a slight performance improvement whereas if you get the whole system $750- $1100 depending on quality you will notice respectable performance improvement and sound and fuel economy!

EB XR6 project almost complete!

Soon on road with pics!

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: au

WA, Australia

mate i got a lukey 2 n half inch exhaust fitted for 270.. sounds awesome. then get a cat

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

below 500 for full exhaust and cat converter.

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

hmm ok starting to get the idea now... i'm thinking get a new cat converter watever it may be, because the one on it now is about seconds from death.... 2.5inch lukey with no resonator... worry about extractors later on when $$$ has high limits.

one thing - with the no resonator deal, taking the resonator off... will that give it a horrible high pitch noise and drone alot or will it give it a deeper burble tone that's respectable. i'd rather it sound like a beasty falcon rather than a thrashed jap crap import if u know wat i mean

cheers everyone!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]