Fordmods Logo

au fairlane front damper 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: au fairlane front damper
Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:13 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2002 au 2 fairlane

VIC, Australia

can someone please advise re 2002 au fairlane The front vibration damper on my car has all but
disintergrated all that remains is the core of the damper the groove part upon which the drive belt runs has completely gone. I have the manual for this car , it shows how to remove damper with proper puller
one that bolts to the damper while the centre bolt is screwed in to thus push damper of the drive shaft. in my case the damper has no bolt holes usually eight mm to accomodate the wheel puller and no other way to take hold of the damper except for a step as it were between the the timing teeth and back of damper . A claw type puller cannot do the job how am I supposed to get this thing of
the drive shaft so i can replace it,any comments would be appreciated .
thankyou

Post subject: Re: au fairlane front damper
Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:22 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

iaianmckee wrote:
can someone please advise re 2002 au fairlane The front vibration damper on my car has all but
disintergrated all that remains is the core of the damper the groove part upon which the drive belt runs has completely gone. I have the manual for this car , it shows how to remove damper with proper puller
one that bolts to the damper while the centre bolt is screwed in to thus push damper of the drive shaft. in my case the damper has no bolt holes usually eight mm to accomodate the wheel puller and no other way to take hold of the damper except for a step as it were between the the timing teeth and back of damper . A claw type puller cannot do the job how am I supposed to get this thing of
the drive shaft so i can replace it,any comments would be appreciated .
thankyou

Hi, the 'proper' puller does NOT 'bolt' to the balancer .... it 'hooks' in.

this style cannot be used on your car

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Harmonic-Balancer-Kit-Gear-Pulley-Puller-Steering-Wheel-Remover-Removal-Tools-/131437195900?hash=item1e9a44727c

this one can

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/G-G-Technics-Harmonic-Balancer-Puller-Ford-Falcon-AU-BA-6-Cylinder-GGT-101-/160926428046?hash=item2577f66b8e and is the one i bought & used. make sure when you remove the bolt that you also remove the washer as well.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]