Fordmods Logo

Au Fairlane Mods 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Au Fairlane Mods
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:29 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Au Fairlane Spotsman Ghia

VIC, Australia

I have had my Fairlane for a bit over 7 months now, and I have gotten to the stage where I actually finally enjoy driving it and take pride in it. I have been looking on sites such as EBay (I know, you should never go to eBay for performance parts), K&N and a couple of others for the past 2 weeks now looking for stuff I could possibly do to my pride and joy.
Some of the obvious things I'm going to do is chuck a new set of mags on it and put a new exhaust system on it, but what can I do to make it stand out? I just need people's opinions I guess. I feel like an old fella driving it around. I have about $2000 to play with after I chuck the rims and exhaust on, what else could I do?
It's hard to kind of find someone else's Au Fairlane they have done up and see what I like and dislike about it, it's just hard to even find the same model Fairlane as mine that is modified.

Thanks guys, would be appreciated.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 109.61 KiB | Viewed 190 times ]

Post subject: Re: Au Fairlane Mods
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:12 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 99 au ute

WA, Australia

Standing out may not always be the best thing as cops love people like that (well in wa anyway) but a cam/j3 are fairly priced (crow billet cams) look on the site for an adjustable shift kit (or google adjustable shift kit fordmods) the parts cost around $45 from jaycar and need only minimal electronic know how. And you could also get a LSD or a lokka from tuff car parts I think they were $750 delivered?

Or get a random orbital polisher, compound, hydroscopic spray, nano gloss sealer and goto town on it!

Hope some of this helps, nice looking car.

Au series 1 ute. T5 manual, 2.5" redback zorst, Xtreme HD clutch

Post subject: Re: Au Fairlane Mods
Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:00 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU II Fairlane

QLD, Australia

hey mate be carefull with cams as the AU II has VCT a lot of places wont touch them i ended up getting mine done at Thighe Cams in Brisbane. You will need a J3 chip with a custom tune if you run a cam as the AU II ECU just negates the effect of the cam. Headers to go with the cam and some minor headwork you can pick up a VCT head for around the 200 mark build that and then install that onto your current engine. Also get the valve springs upgraded while your at it. Atomic do valve springs for AUII that dont require the head to be machined but are on the pricey side 400+shipping i ended up going with Performance springs they do a double coil behive spring with titanuim retainers and all the shims you require for about 375. that should cover your 2g nicely and net you around the 170+WKW if you get it tuned right. Im sitting on 132 atm with just headers 2.5 exh and a mail order tune for my j3 once the head goes on ( with in the next 2 weeks) ill get it custom tuned. Keep it a sleeper mate there is nothing better then blowing an VF SV6 out of th water in a unsuspecting fairlane :twisted: good luck with your Fairlane there awesome cars

AU II Fairlane Ghia 180 hp@ the wheels, Pacemaker 4499, RedBack 2.5", stock CAT, CAI, Lovells low's. More to come

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]