Fordmods Logo

Aunger bigmouth vs SS Inductions Bigmouth CAI... 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Aunger bigmouth vs SS Inductions Bigmouth CAI...
Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

GeZza200 wrote:
good stuff, you must be running a decent cam to get that power, what was the snorkel you did at the front of the car?
I am only running a baby cam - 977b Billet..... its everything else thats done to it that makes the power :) - I have ordered a new cam for it and will pick it up tomoz and will get it fitted in the next month or so

I just added a 3" pipe from Air Box to Front of Car

The Acron Air Box basically did nothing, its just for show - There is no Cold Air that Comes from the Back of the Headlight on my EF thats why i had to add a 3" pipe to get the cold air

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

thats really good power, what other stuff have you done, if you don't mind me asking.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

Yea, that's awesome power! What did you do to get it? Cam, headers and intake can't make 180rwkw at 5200rpm.

And where did you get the coolant tank cover? That's tidy and a lot nicer to look at than the usual stained plastic.

Cheers

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:14 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: EF Fairmiont Ghia, XH 5speed

VIC, Australia

DRHEMI wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:
good stuff, you must be running a decent cam to get that power, what was the snorkel you did at the front of the car?
I am only running a baby cam - 977b Billet..... its everything else thats done to it that makes the power :) - I have ordered a new cam for it and will pick it up tomoz and will get it fitted in the next month or so

I just added a 3" pipe from Air Box to Front of Car

The Acron Air Box basically did nothing, its just for show - There is no Cold Air that Comes from the Back of the Headlight on my EF thats why i had to add a 3" pipe to get the cold air

Don't suppose you'd want to sell me your old cam by any chance?? :D

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

efxr6wagon wrote:
Yea, that's awesome power! What did you do to get it? Cam, headers and intake can't make 180rwkw at 5200rpm.

And where did you get the coolant tank cover? That's tidy and a lot nicer to look at than the usual stained plastic.

Cheers

If you go over too fordforums.com.au go too eseries and look under workshop builds for member called "Sorted". He's done alot of work and R&D (posted on going mods with dyno sheets etc).

The cylinder head has some headwork done link below;
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpost.php?p=2710628&postcount=267

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

Here's the difference between the factory EF airbox inlet and the SS Inductions inlet:
Attachment:
P1080006b.JPG
P1080006b.JPG [ 31.75 KiB | Viewed 187 times ]

That's got to make some difference to performance.

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EF GLi

WA, Australia

I agree that would make a difference, but how much is it going to make given that the majority of the system (including airbox outlet) is 3" and the stock TB is only 65mm (63mm actually at the TB gasket!)?

EF2 Fairmont Ghia. AU2 engine running EF gear. Intake, exhaust, injection etc; 8" rear stockies with 265/50R15 rubber. Shiftkitted auto, J3, custom grille and dash cluster and lots of other useless crap...

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:22 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

with an EF under the lid of the air box is a bell mouth (restricts inlet up to an inch, gone in AU models). cut that off for starters. paper air cleaners flow very good brand new but reduce in flow very quickly. source after market filter. recent tests I've read are showing dry ones (not oiled) flow better but leave that one up to individual. if sound is what you're after go pod filter cos really lets you hear the motor. mount as far forward as you can to somewhere with at least some access to fresh air (pod filters are illegal by the way). you could fit it inside the box to hide but it's the box and pipes restricing the flow.

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR8 347

Power: 232 rwkw

WA, Australia

Dont forget to route intake to the front bar. IMO CAI is pointless unless you do this. Dyno comparisons of before and after will show yeilds yes... but from my experience, a dyno is run with the bonnet up. Close the bonnet on the e-series and look how big your intake is. A tiny little slit.

You also get the added bonus of a RAM Air effect while driving if you have a pipe to the front bar.

347 XR8 Build Thread

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2