Fordmods Logo

Automatic Transmission Extension Housing Seal 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Automatic Transmission Extension Housing Seal
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 35

Posts: 190

Joined: 1st Nov 2009

Ride: AU Mont 2000

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Does anyone have a picture or can point me in the right direction as to where I can find the "Automatic Transmission Extension Housing Seal"?

It is apparently leaking on my AU Fairmont. thanks alot
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission Extension Housing Seal
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

It's where the tailshaft slip-yoke goes into. You'll have to check the slip-yoke bush too.

 

 

Attachments:
AU extension housing 001_resize.jpg
AU extension housing 001_resize.jpg [ 245.28 KiB | Viewed 231 times ]

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission Extension Housing Seal
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 1

Joined: 24th Aug 2009

Ride: el 2 xr8

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

Hi try BEARING WHOLESALERS
FACT 3/35 RADLEY ST
VIRGINIA
QLD 4014
PH (07)3265-4144
FAX (07)3265-5599
EMAIL virginia@bearingwholesalers.com.au

part number should be 402965P, they do heaps of automotive stuff, should be cheap too!!!

cheers
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission Extension Housing Seal
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 35

Posts: 190

Joined: 1st Nov 2009

Ride: AU Mont 2000

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

is what i circled in red correct?
Attachment:
AU extension housing 001_resize.jpg
AU extension housing 001_resize.jpg [ 25.07 KiB | Viewed 137 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission Extension Housing Seal
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 747

Joined: 8th Nov 2009

Ride: ford au

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

i got mine done for 100 bucks, also put a new uni joint in as well,

 

_________________

Daily Driver, Series 1 Au Forte

Quote:
Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission Extension Housing Seal
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 747

Joined: 8th Nov 2009

Ride: ford au

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

i got mine done for 100 bucks, also put a new uni joint in as well,

 

_________________

Daily Driver, Series 1 Au Forte

Quote:
Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission Extension Housing Seal
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

They should be only $5-10 at a spare parts joint, i think i payed $3.50 for the last one i bought. How is your extension bush ? as to much play between it and your yoke will make the seal leak too and have a slight vibration while driving too...

phill
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission Extension Housing Seal
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 64

Posts: 3452

Joined: 11th Jan 2009

Ride: BA Falcon XT

Location: Smithfield
NSW, Australia

Ford Part number for the seal is BA 7S039A $17.35 and the Bush for the extension housing
XA 7A034APF $26.70. You should also change the Bolts and Nuts holding the Tailshaft in at the Rear Axle but most people don't, part number V 800348S100 $7.80 ea (need 4) and the Nut, W 520405S36D
$5.10 ea.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission Extension Housing Seal
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:18 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
Ford Part number for the seal is BA 7S039A $17.35 and the Bush for the extension housing
XA 7A034APF $26.70. You should also change the Bolts and Nuts holding the Tailshaft in at the Rear Axle but most people don't, part number V 800348S100 $7.80 ea (need 4) and the Nut, W 520405S36D
$5.10 ea.


Is that bush the plain bearing material bush, or the bronze bush?????
The BA seal is better than any aftermarket seal, they have 4 lips, not 2.

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission Extension Housing Seal
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 15

Joined: 22nd Oct 2011

Ride: NF Fairlane

Location: Australia
WA, Australia

Just did the NF Fairlane Ghia today. Had a very slow drip for a few months, about one drip of fluid per night onto the concrete. Paid $460 to get it fixed, which included flushing the diff oil which I've been meaning to do for ages.

Exactly the same parts that Papa Smurf said, today's prices (in Broome, WA):
XA7A034APF - Bushing Ford - $28.77
BA7S039A - Extension Housing Seal - $19.64

Not sure if the bush is the bronze one or not - I did ask for it but who knows what these muppets would have done.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission Extension Housing Seal
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:16 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

fatwombat wrote:
Just did the NF Fairlane Ghia today. Had a very slow drip for a few months, about one drip of fluid per night onto the concrete. Paid $460 to get it fixed, which included flushing the diff oil which I've been meaning to do for ages.

Exactly the same parts that Papa Smurf said, today's prices (in Broome, WA):
XA7A034APF - Bushing Ford - $28.77
BA7S039A - Extension Housing Seal - $19.64

Not sure if the bush is the bronze one or not - I did ask for it but who knows what these muppets would have done.


I recently went to the Ford dealer, and the Bronze bush has been dropped, so, only white-metal ones available now.... :evil: ................sound right to you Papa Smurf???????

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:51 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names