BA/BF questions 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: BA/BF questions
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Alright it's time for me to start asking some BA/BF related questions, some of which I think have been covered before, but I just want to clear a few things up.

1) Looking in the Gregory's manual for a BA, it says you need a special camshaft "lock" tool to remove the camshafts. Now, the engine I have is unable to be rotated to TDC due to it currently being seized up, but I still want to dismantle the engine for an inspection. Do I need the special camshaft lock tool?

2) Does all the info in the BA Gregory's manual I have pretty much apply to the BF engine I have? I'd assume so.

3) I believe the engine I have to be from a 2007 BF N/A. It is my intention to turbocharge it eventually; Do these engines have the stronger rods like the F6 motors and the Egas motors being as they are BF engines?

4) How much boost will the N/A motor handle without going stupid?

5) What does it take to get a BF motor all up and going in a BA? Is it literally just a case of "bolts straight in"

6) Roughly how much would a nice tidy BA with a blown motor or similar usually go for?

Sorry if some of these questions have been asked before, but I thought I'd give it a go.

Gab

Post subject: Re: BA/BF questions
Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR6 with BF Turbo engine

NSW, Australia

Gab1 wrote:
Alright it's time for me to start asking some BA/BF related questions, some of which I think have been covered before, but I just want to clear a few things up.

1) Looking in the Gregory's manual for a BA, it says you need a special camshaft "lock" tool to remove the camshafts. Now, the engine I have is unable to be rotated to TDC due to it currently being seized up, but I still want to dismantle the engine for an inspection. Do I need the special camshaft lock tool?
Never used a special tool

2) Does all the info in the BA Gregory's manual I have pretty much apply to the BF engine I have? I'd assume so.
yes
3) I believe the engine I have to be from a 2007 BF N/A. It is my intention to turbocharge it eventually; Do these engines have the stronger rods like the F6 motors and the Egas motors being as they are BF engines?
no
4) How much boost will the N/A motor handle without going stupid?
have seen 13-15psi but wont last as long as a NA version

5) What does it take to get a BF motor all up and going in a BA? Is it literally just a case of "bolts straight in"
yes as long as you swap the engine loom over
6) Roughly how much would a nice tidy BA with a blown motor or similar usually go for?

Sorry if some of these questions have been asked before, but I thought I'd give it a go.

Gab

RIP :( 1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering RIP

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]