Fordmods Logo

BA falcon modifications 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: BA falcon modifications
Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA MK2 Falcon XLS

QLD, Australia

Hi guys, I have a 2004 BA MK2 Falcon ute with Hurricane extractors and a 2.5" catback exhaust system, I was just wondering if anybody had any ideas on cheapish ways to get some more power, any help would be great thanks guys

Fear nothing, risk everything

Post subject: Re: BA falcon modifications
Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

20% underdrives are popular. You can buy a larger snorkel from ford that is for an xr8 or buy a proper large intake like growler etc...
And you can get a tune done at the end to get the most out of the modifications

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA MK2 Falcon XLS

QLD, Australia

bry40l wrote:
20% underdrives are popular. You can buy a larger snorkel from ford that is for an xr8 or buy a proper large intake like growler etc...
And you can get a tune done at the end to get the most out of the modifications

Thanks heaps mate, appreciate it

Fear nothing, risk everything

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford ba mk2 ute

NSW, Australia

yeah I have a xr6 ba mkii ute too and it's completely stock at the moment and I'm just looking for some more power and a nice sound, but I don't have the dosh to be able to put thousands into it... :o :o

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

james95 wrote:
yeah I have a xr6 ba mkii ute too and it's completely stock at the moment and I'm just looking for some more power and a nice sound, but I don't have the dosh to be able to put thousands into it... :o :o

Ive been looking into the b series mods the past few weeks and it seems these engines respond best to the simpler mods. If you fit a typhoon secondary intake, under drive pulleys, extractors high flow cat and 2.5inch exhaust and finish it off with a tune this will put your rwkw pretty close if not the same as an xr6t.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:49 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

oh okay thanks! :lol: I've been looking at the growler intakes but it seems a lot of money to pay just for a pod filter and a new box!? But the thing that drew me to the growler was the extra noise... hahaha. Is there a brand of intake box you can recommend that will have a pod in it? And is it even worth me getting a pod filter kit? or should I just do the typhoon snorkel?

Cheers for all your help!

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

james95 wrote:
oh okay thanks! :lol: I've been looking at the growler intakes but it seems a lot of money to pay just for a pod filter and a new box!? But the thing that drew me to the growler was the extra noise... hahaha. Is there a brand of intake box you can recommend that will have a pod in it? And is it even worth me getting a pod filter kit? or should I just do the typhoon snorkel?

Cheers for all your help!

From what ive been reading the typhoon intake offers enough flow to the engine for any n/a set up until you pretty much open up the engine and change compression/ cams. Any thing bigger than the typhoon intake is just wank unless the engines opened up. Pod filters are over rated. Some dyno testing has proven power loss by fitting pods.
The typhoon snorkel just cost me $90 delivered
Also some of the performance shops that offer packages to get the barra's hp up use the typhoon intake also saying theres no need for the expensive growlers.

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I just put a typhoon secondary intake on my bf and took it for a drive. Down the hill and back up. Didn't really check to see if it felt more powerful but it definitely sounded different and had a better note to it when I put the foot down

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:44 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

okay sweet iv been looking at them I going to see if I can get one from the wreckers. lucky you told me that or I would have waisted a lot of money, cheers!

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

I'v now fitted a exhaust on my car and im now looking underdrive pullys, what exactly do they do and how much would I be looking at spending on something like that?

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Under drive pulley slows down the air con, alternator, power steer and water pump by 30% which gives the engine back horsepower the accessories didn't really need.
Supposed to be good for 10-15hp

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Under drive pulley slows down the air con, alternator, power steer and water pump by 30% which gives the engine back horsepower the accessories didn't really need.
Supposed to be good for 10-15hp

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]