Fordmods Logo

BA into XW 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: BA into XW
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:47 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon 1969 XW

New Zealand

the time is slowly coming to give ye ol girl a heart transplant, over the last few years (actualy alot of years) i have been wanting to give my car a new lease of life, i ditched the original engine a few months after i first brought the car some 14 years ago (only drove it half a dozen times), got a 302 windsor with C4 intending to put it in (later sold it) of a mate. stripped the car back to a shell blasted and primed ready for some panel beating and thats how it has been for the last 7 or so years. ive dragged the car around with me all over NZ to various places i have choosen to live. but as most of us aware MONEY!, time and now family life slows things down a tad. Ive considered selling it only once but as she's the first car i ever brought it will be past down to my son when i loose the control of my limbs due to old age. the lil bugger can help me get it on the road again.

As the car was a 6 originally i have recently decided to stick with that idea but install a BA xr6t engine, once i find one. has anyone done something similar, will there be alot of modifications (major) for engine mounts etc, i am suspecting it wont be to much of drama

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]