Fordmods Logo

BA motor into 5speed EB 

Page 11 of 15 [ 218 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:39 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: AUIII XR6T, Land bruiser

QLD, Australia

Guys well done, this i what i've been lookin for :D . I've built a turbo AUIII XR6 and have had nothing but problem after problem. Put me down for conversion with turbo motor in new year. AUIII XR6 with BFXR6T motor just has a nice ring to it :twisted:

AUIIIXR6, Ultra low king springs, monro shocks, 19" of Chrome XHP Jets ,Snort Stage 4 turbo mainafold, GT 42r turbo, 3" stainless cooler piping, Haltech E6X, 42lb injectors,10mm Topgun leads,rising fuel reg, Bosch 040 fuel pump15psi = 283rwkw 802nm of tyre shreding touqe and a 12.6@118mph.

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:57 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA F6 TYPHOON

VIC, Australia

Hey guys,
The car should be in issue 52-53 of street fords.
Cheers Owen.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:34 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Well done. The car looks great.
I have a few q's about the stock ecu. You had the N/A version running on a BA N/A ecu i think. So when the turbo went on did the ecu need to be changed to one from a turbo, or does a factor N/A ecu have the map sensor, and waste gate solinoid control, etc just like the turbo version? Basicly are turbo and N/A ecu the same once they have the security disabled via the flash tuner ?
Eagerly awaiting your responce, thanks.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:01 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

citric1 wrote:
Well done. The car looks great.
I have a few q's about the stock ecu. You had the N/A version running on a BA N/A ecu i think. So when the turbo went on did the ecu need to be changed to one from a turbo, or does a factor N/A ecu have the map sensor, and waste gate solinoid control, etc just like the turbo version? Basicly are turbo and N/A ecu the same once they have the security disabled via the flash tuner ?
Eagerly awaiting your responce, thanks.

Same ecu just turbo program flashed into it.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:06 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

wow thanks for the speedy responce. So if the N/A and turbo ecu's are the same, did the N/A wiring loom that you chopped up/ modified already have the wiring/ connectors for the waste gate actuator ?
Thanks in advance.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:20 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

citric1 wrote:
wow thanks for the speedy responce. So if the N/A and turbo ecu's are the same, did the N/A wiring loom that you chopped up/ modified already have the wiring/ connectors for the waste gate actuator ?
Thanks in advance.

BF ecu's are the same turbo & n/a but ba's are not, you have to add a loom to the 3rd output on the ecu or you can disable the factory boost
sensor & wastegate actuator & run an aftermarket boost controller.
Cheers Owen.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:31 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Hey guys,
We are selling a bf pcm & capa flash 2, The pcm has been flashed for
man trans & n/a but can be changed for turbo, We are asking $850.
Cheers Owen

Post subject: Re: BA motor into 5speed EB
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: BA MKII Fairlane GHIA

VIC, Australia

so how would i go about putting a typhoon motor into my fe ltd?
would it be the same process?

cheers

Post subject: Re:
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:31 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL Futura

QLD, Australia

bollocks wrote:
Hey guys,
Cheers Owen

I'm looking at buying a bf typhoon motor with the pcm. How much for just the programmed flash tuner? I can't remember if you explained if and how the wiring loom had to be cut into. Tell me to read again if you did. What was done for the instruments? Also i'll need to get my hands on a manual pedal box and electronic throttle. If everything goes ahead can you supply these and send to brisbane? I might also be wanting a 6 speed manual, can you get those and how much with hydraulic setup? I think this is the second time i have hit you with a thousand questions. sorry mate. If the bank is kind to me i might have the engine within a fortnight so i just want to get all the facts. oh yeah, have you attempted to get abs working yet? I'll be putting the engine in an el xr6.

Post subject: Re: Re:
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:27 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

ab_futura wrote:
bollocks wrote:
Hey guys,
Cheers Owen

I'm looking at buying a bf typhoon motor with the pcm. How much for just the programmed flash tuner? I can't remember if you explained if and how the wiring loom had to be cut into. Tell me to read again if you did. What was done for the instruments? Also i'll need to get my hands on a manual pedal box and electronic throttle. If everything goes ahead can you supply these and send to brisbane? I might also be wanting a 6 speed manual, can you get those and how much with hydraulic setup? I think this is the second time i have hit you with a thousand questions. sorry mate. If the bank is kind to me i might have the engine within a fortnight so i just want to get all the facts. oh yeah, have you attempted to get abs working yet? I'll be putting the engine in an el xr6.
For the parts you need give darren at FTG a call on 03 97586900 he had a typhoon in
stock, For the flash tuner you can call capa direct. The instruments work as they would in a standard EB but we are still trying to figure out the tacho. We havent hooked up the abs as my car is not fitted with it. Hope this helps.

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: AU XR6

Power: 171 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The problem people will face with this conversion now is the flash tuners 1 and 2 won't work any more. They will have to spend $1200 on an xcal 3 to do the job thanks to SCT in the states acting like a bunch of d**k.

9/98 AU1 XR6hp-about to retire from the road and be reborn on the race track.
86 ZL mint grandpa spec with premo sound and 150000km
07 TTG 60000km stock as, mods to come.
97 el futura about to be MOCKed

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: XY Sedan, XB Coupe, EF Ghia

WA, Australia

This could be a dumb question, and if it is I plead ignorance rather than stupidity, but instead of cutting and modifying an E-series K-frame to fit a twincam 4.0, would it be easier to engineer this engine swap with the authorities by removing the E-series sub-frame and fitting an AU or BA sub-frame and K-frame.

Before you start thinking I am crazy, read the 5th paragraph in this link,
http://www.trueblueford.com//shane_el.html

I'm thinking this could be easier to engineer, as if you also changed the diff to a AU/BA wagon or ute diff and used post AU offset wheels, then the track wouldnt change and you could use BA/BF XR6 turbo brakes.

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:50 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB

ACT, Australia

Hoffa wrote:
This could be a dumb question, and if it is I plead ignorance rather than stupidity, but instead of cutting and modifying an E-series K-frame to fit a twincam 4.0, would it be easier to engineer this engine swap with the authorities by removing the E-series sub-frame and fitting an AU or BA sub-frame and K-frame.

I'm thinking this could be easier to engineer, as if you also changed the diff to a AU/BA wagon or ute diff and used post AU offset wheels, then the track wouldnt change and you could use BA/BF XR6 turbo brakes.

Modifying the Eseries subframe is not hard at all and is heaps easier than fitting the entire ba frame in there...

MY BA DOHC POWERED EB
http://www.boostedfalcon.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=37346

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:04 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: XY Sedan, XB Coupe, EF Ghia

WA, Australia

revhead_88 wrote:
Hoffa wrote:

Modifying the Eseries subframe is not hard at all and is heaps easier than fitting the entire ba frame in there...

Thanks. Yeah, a couple of days later I saw a place on ebay that sells modified E series stub axles to allow fitment of XR6 turbo brakes with EL GT rotors. Much easier.

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR-6

QLD, Australia

well done xr8 dismantler. i hope to see some more pic of it when complete. maybe i should do the same if its not to much of a project. i rebuilt my EL XR6 motor for the first time and i thought it was gonna be hard but in the end it was pretty straight forward no problems at all.

Sort by  
 Page 11 of 15  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next