Fordmods Logo

ba motors going into eb 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: ba motors going into eb
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

NSW, Australia

Sup guys, it would be very nice to get a good priced conversion package for this setup. my bottom end is going on my eb falcon and been looking into putting a ba,bf motor and auto gearbox in. dose eny1 know if the old eb auto gearbox will mount up with a ba motor?

Post subject: Re: ba motors going into eb
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:41 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

will mount up ....... but lower bolt holes don't line up . . . if you however use a AU bellhousing they will. some people have used the EA/B/D/F/L bellhousing without drama's.

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

NSW, Australia

Thanks for the relpy mate. How would i go just useing the ba motor and ba auto gear box will they fit? i read on here you have to cut and weld the k frame so the sump will fit and others say it will fit no problem. Same as there gearbox sum say it will fit and other say it want. i still have alot of research to do before i go for it because its a hudge project

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:19 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
Thanks for the relpy mate. How would i go just useing the ba motor and ba auto gear box will they fit? i read on here you have to cut and weld the k frame so the sump will fit and others say it will fit no problem. Same as there gearbox sum say it will fit and other say it want. i still have alot of research to do before i go for it because its a hudge project

ok 1st
jumpingjak wrote:
How would i go just using the ba motor and ba auto gear box will they fit?

pretty sure they will fit no probs as the engine block is same basic block. as too the gearbox . . . . the 4sp didn't change much from EA2 to BF as far as i know :mrgreen:

2nd
jumpingjak wrote:
i read on here you have to cut and weld the k frame so the sump

some have cut & moved the square tube at the front forward & rewelded it. prob less work doing that ... checkout BenJ's mod - http://www.fordmods.com/post1438601.html#1438601 may have ta 'wade' thru a few pages to find it lol :roll: or http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/project-ea-barra-dohc-conversion-t127639.html

hope that helps ya :mrgreen:

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:06 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
Sup guys, it would be very nice to get a good priced conversion package for this setup. my bottom end is going on my eb falcon and been looking into putting a ba,bf motor and auto gearbox in. dose eny1 know if the old eb auto gearbox will mount up with a ba motor?

Yes, the EB BTR will bolt up to the BA Block. Bottom couple of bolts won't line up as per fitting the EB-EL BTR Bellhousing to the AU Block.

AU Bellhousing will bolt up correctly.

jumpingjak wrote:
How would i go just useing the ba motor and ba auto gear box will they fit? i read on here you have to cut and weld the k frame so the sump will fit and others say it will fit no problem. Same as there gearbox sum say it will fit and other say it want. i still have alot of research to do before i go for it because its a hudge project

BA BTR 4 Speed can be used but you will need one from a Ute as the BA's don't have the speedo drive in them, they pick up the signal from the rear wheel ABS ring. I have heard of perople fitting the rear extension from the EB-AU BTR to the BA BTR allowing the speedo drive as per the EB-AU BTR.

Use the BTR with the AU Bellhousing or pick up a complete AU BTR and Bellhousing.

You will either need to mod the subframe (easy on an EB, See Benj's thread as Mad2 has said) of mod the sump.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]