Fordmods Logo

BA Remote 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: BA Remote
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:41 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BA Ford

SA, Australia

Would like to know if anyone has had this problem and how to fix it. Have looked through the whole forum and found not much that helps.
I have several remotes for my BA which i have replaced the batteries with new ones. The remotes did work and open the car but but all of the sudden not anymore I have tried to reprogram them by pressing the demister three times the cycles and after quite a number of tries i was able to program the remote. I tried again the next day to use the remote and no response.
I Drove to ford delearship and they tried to program the remote using the demister method and nothing happened either.. I then drove to the shops and tried again and I was able to program the remote again and it worked. Almost seems as if there is a power loss or loose connection somewhere, but where do I start to check.. I just had the software on the car updated and the ford dealership said it could be the BEM module, I would like to try and solve this before spending hundreds of dollars with ford. :(

Post subject: Re: BA Remote
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

sounds like the BEM if no remotes will code, contact darren at FTG, he may be able to help you out cheaper then ford

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:55 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BA Ford

SA, Australia

BF XR wrote:
sounds like the BEM if no remotes will code, contact darren at FTG, he may be able to help you out cheaper then ford

The remotes will code but then they seem to stop working and have to be recoded.

who is FTG?

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:58 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Get the remote open the case and check that the holder that the battery sits in is not lifting off the circuit board. If so repair it or get a new remote. This happens often when replacing batteries incorrectly.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

I had a similar problem with my BA remote. I believe the battery went dead. Got a new battery put in and the remote still wouldn't open the car. Drove home and grabbed my spare remote. Used the spare remote to unlock and lock the car.
The original remote that I had the battery replaced in suddenly worked perfectly and has been for months now with no issues.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]