Fordmods Logo

BA XR6 - How to get a few extra neddies at the wheels... 

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AUII XR8 Ute

NSW, Australia

archibald the simple wrote:
the new BAXR6 is 182kw and the falcon is 182kw its the same. i only just found this out im shocked. atleast tickford made the go harder. shoud have got a BA falcon and saved some cash for mods. im sorry but i think thats soooooo dodgey that they are both 182kw.

Fair enough, but I know which one i'd go for.

Narooma Blue, Manual, 19" rims, Phenolic Spacer, T-Series Brakes, 3.9 Diff Gears, Custom Fabricated CAI, Pacemaker Headers.

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:04 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Nice car shadow, ive got one aswell in blueprint. I would like a bit more urge from mine aswell. So far i have replaced the snorkel with a tickford item and put in a K&N filter. Next week I'm getting a Herrod cat back exhaust fitted. If your interested the cost is $590 fully installed and they don't affect the warranty. :wink:

2003 BA XR6 - Intercooled Vortech Supercharger 243rwkw @ 8psi - 13.09 @ 109.6mph

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:55 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR8 Ute, XD Sedan (not runnin

SA, Australia

I got quoted today $300 for a cat back 2.5" mandrel bent redback exhaust system. I dunno what to really make of this, i guess because its mild steel it will only be as good as the next mild steel setup. Muffler wise they put 2 straight thru mufflers in it with a standard looking tip
I was just wondering if anyone has this setup on their BA, redback or not, and was just wondering how loud it was? See the thing is i dont really want to be able to hear it at idle, or from inside the car, but when you sink the slipper i want it to start to let people know its not quite standard, if you know what i mean.
Cheers,
Shadow

NF Fairlane Series 2
XE S pack Sedan

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

if insurance for an 18 year old with an EF falcon is $1500 then F**k id hate to think what it is for a 20 year old insuring a ba XR6 let alone a turbo. EF XR6 is $3500 for an 18 -21 year old aka P plater!

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:26 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

next time you go and get the car serviced ask the questions you need answered on what will void the warranty, You should be right with the adding of extractors. Also don't the BA XR6's come with a 2.5" exhaust, then all you would have to do is add a muffler??

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:44 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU

VIC, Australia

don't go mild steel on a car so new

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:26 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BA

WA, Australia

i tried doing a search but was unable to find it. But someone on here has a ba xr6 and he did extraxtors, 2 1/2 exhaust, k&n, CAI and got 142 rwkw and pulled into the high 14's for the 1/4 mile.

If you do something similar you could expect that.

I to have a ba 6 and was looking at the above but the extractors don't really give you that much most of the gains were in the cat back exhaust.

A diff ratio change will really get it off the line much quicker.

The other thing is change your front discs to slotted dba's or similar as the standards brakes arn't the best , for a set prices vary from $160-190 depending on where you go.

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Yeh i wouldnt say go the mild steel option that for sure.....the ones APS sell are a treat....the have 4 stage kits available for the 6 turbos so im sure if you want more power for ya buck then id look at their kits and minus the turbo components.

mmmm APS stage 3 gives an xr6T 390kw at the fly and can do top end of 307km/h :twisted: but wil cost u round $10K for the whole setup + $550 for a transcooler if you have the auto i'd recommend that option

Theres my piece anyhow

Cheers
Kev

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:36 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

APS don't sell their parts separate. One of my mates rang up and asked for their CAI system, but they wouldn't offer it to him because they only sell them in the kits. Stupid if you ask me. Also i think that the exhaust systems they have are only designed for the turbo not the NA. They will however fit the unichip but thats all they can do for the na 6.

2003 BA XR6 - Intercooled Vortech Supercharger 243rwkw @ 8psi - 13.09 @ 109.6mph

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:01 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: baxr6

VIC, Australia

go exhaust and cold air intake
i got an extra 10kw by doing it

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

bigbaz wrote:
i tried doing a search but was unable to find it. But someone on here has a ba xr6 and he did extraxtors, 2 1/2 exhaust, k&n, CAI and got 142 rwkw and pulled into the high 14's for the 1/4 mile.

That was me!

I also have a piggyback chip though....... It's running closer to 170 rwkw with a more aggresive tune. Last run down the 1/4 was 14.8@95mph.

Remember these things are bloody heavy suckers, come winter I am hoping for mid 14's with the climate change.......bloody hot QLD weather..lol

Cheers
Simon

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:18 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

silverbullet what chip was it? an Xede or Unichip.

What was the price and 170 rwkw is really humming for a n/a 6.

With a diff ratio change you will be straightinto the low-mid 14's.

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

The chip is a TSI Piggyback, just as good as the others with a few more benefits with the tune. Real time tune, timing advance, more map settings for the air/fuel etc. Whole performance package is about $2800. Torque feels like it has doubled, just keeps pulling hard in every gear. I have priced 3.73 diff gears which would give me a better 60ft time, but don't have the $1600 at the moment.
I have also installed a shift kit since my last 1/4 mile run. Chirps in second very easily....like a shove in the back between changes!!! Absolutely direct gear changes....feels like flat changing in a manual. Have to turn the shift kit off in the wet though, has no traction at all when it's on.

Makes my launch seem quicker when I stall it up as well.

Cheers,
Simon

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:11 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Whats the shift kit, I mean is it run buy the tsi piggy back or is it something seperate

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

bigbaz wrote:
Whats the shift kit, I mean is it run buy the tsi piggy back or is it something seperate

The bloke who sells them comes from your neck of the woods.

Visit www.shiftkits.com.au

Cheers,
Simon[/url]

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next