Fordmods Logo

BA xr6 ute vs AU III xr8 ute 

Page 3 of 4 [ 46 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

yeah it probably is the IRS, i'm just not used to it lol.

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

soulfire wrote:
There's no comparison between the XR6T and the XR8, particularly down low XR6 feels much punchier, the XR8 takes a while to get going and doesn't feel that good anywhere really. I dunno I just don't like the XR8 at all really lol.
BA xr6 auto is pretty much the same quarter mile wise as my XR6 - so it didn't impress me too much, but yes the auto feels much better than the e series. I reckon you can feel the weight difference doign stupid s**t too... my xr6 kicks the tail controllably more than the ba, but that may have been me not being used to the BA.

I drove the XT and the XR6 kicking tyres at dealerships.
My ex's brother in law had a 5 speed XR6T which was awesome, that really impressed me. And my old man's boss has an XR8. I dragged my uncle's VZ SS, got my a** handed to me and have cursed the XR8since then :p.

I kinda agree with you there about the BA being less "controllable".

I think it is a harder car to trust than the EF/EL XR's. But then again they've got a fair bit more power and weight than the e-series cars, so things are happening faster, sooner.

I think, one day, I'll have total control over the old boys BA XR6 Turbo (after all, I reckon familiarity will bring confidence). But for now, I'll leave the traction controll "ON" thanks :lol:

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:26 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA Falcon

WA, Australia

i have never driven an e-series but thinking about it i reckon BA's would be harder to control drifting etc because you got so much more weight being thrown around meaning more momentum in a direction. the e-series was light compared so it didn't have as much momentum to through it out of your hands.

personally i like the auto in my BA but the sequential takes a while to change gears after you've chosen it, 4-gears is boring..i mean when you have a fang off from the lights but don't wanna speed heaps you really only use first gear maybe second if your lucky! if it was a 6-speed i'd have the BA over the AU.

i don't see what's so ugly about the BA ute...essentially it's the AU with a different bodykit and front lights. interior wise i've never been in an AU but the BA's aren't that comfy on long drives. i drive an hour to work every day and an hour home and my XT seats could be much better.

my 2c.

Rhyso

BA XT, typhoon intake, K&N filter, XR 17" wheels, red/black brakes, Ford scuff plates

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AU FAIRLANE

VIC, Australia

Your comments about the steering are surprising, as this is one of the biggest differences between BA and E-series (IMO), is that the BA's have much better steering feel...

I too fiound the steering in my old ba too be dead as a door nail and too heavy. My fairlane is the opposite , a little too light and floaty so if they can get it perfect in between for orion then i'd be happy. Also smooth the edges of the ba interior a little too as it'll date quicker than prawns in the sun.

Now with a hint of "BLING"

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:15 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2003 XR6 Ute

WA, Australia

amen, AU front are camp as a row of tents............ BA all the way

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 2003 BA XT

Power: 141 rwkw

WA, Australia

I find the e-series so easy to control when losing it/ going sideways, as you can feel every move and correct it.

In the BA you don't really even notice till the cars pretty much gone all the way out.

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

fnp wrote:
No. People won't become sick when they see the front of the BA, but if you get the Au they'll be throwing up left right and center.

Yeah, but they may be likely to fall asleep looking at the f'n boring front end on the BA's.

AU anyday mate, they are sexy as, and you can't beat the sound on a windsor at full flight... Giggity!

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Throw both in those sharp corners & see who slingshot out of there fast... AU of course. they're more agile around bends & tight corners then the BA.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Get the AU. Then you can help me move stuff.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: '98 EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Lol I would laugh really hard if one year on this guy is still trying to decide.

Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:38 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BA MkII

WA, Australia

MooseMan wrote:
Lol I would laugh really hard if one year on this guy is still trying to decide.

haha, indeed..

mullets are cool.... they promote the quintessential iconic figure of an australian
Fordmods Member #61

1. 95 Ford Falcon EFII
2. 98 Nissan Pathfinder Ti
3. 04 Ford Falcon BA MkII

Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 08 ranger xlt

WA, Australia

hahaha ur rite moose man. i stayed wid the ba xr6 ute.

IF ONLY MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AS DIRTY AS MY CAR

Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:51 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ba xt

VIC, Australia

maybe try to learn to control the ba i find it much easier to drift than my old el as for the front of an au lookin better than a ba front end what drugs are you on mate

Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

The BA would seem harder to control in a drift than the E series or low series AU cars.

Any IRS equipped vehicle (possibly apart from the Datsun 120y) will have better power down and rear end grip than a live rear axle vehicle. Meaning you will need either more speed or more power or both to provoke the rear end into opposite lock fun.

This means that when they do let go, they let go harder and faster..........

The BA will be quicker and more composed up to it's limit, but then you'd better not be off your game, otherwise it could be curtains.

I loved all my LSD equipped EB-EL cars. So much fun to smash out around corners!

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

philaddis wrote:
The BA would seem harder to control in a drift than the E series or low series AU cars.

Any IRS equipped vehicle (possibly apart from the Datsun 120y) will have better power down and rear end grip than a live rear axle vehicle. Meaning you will need either more speed or more power or both to provoke the rear end into opposite lock fun.

This means that when they do let go, they let go harder and faster..........

The BA will be quicker and more composed up to it's limit, but then you'd better not be off your game, otherwise it could be curtains.

I loved all my LSD equipped EB-EL cars. So much fun to smash out around corners!

Summed up perfectly! :D

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next