Fordmods Logo

ba xt exhaust / stereo q's 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: ba xt exhaust / stereo q's
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

hey, are there any ba owners out there or ppl who have heard a good n/a 6 exhaust, i know they come standard with 2.5in stainless, i'm thinking about cutting of the middle and rear muffler and getting a straight though on the end, now i don't mind crackle etc... but aslong as it's not obscenley loud. can anyone reccomend a good muffler / better setup on the cheap.

also, so stock xt's have an input for aux so i can hook up the mp3 player, and *yes another question* .. what is the best way to get amps/subs hooked up, i'm guessing the lines split into filters. :arrow: amp?

cheers.

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:52 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

ive seen a BA with a 2½" stainless exhaust with just one resonator/muffler in it and it sounded about right.. not sure what brand the exhaust was as i drive at least 5 BA's a day...
there is an AUX imput cable u can get from ford for i think like $40, or u can make one, theres a doco here on how to do it, and as for amps/subs, its either line filters or an amp with high level inputs im afraid

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ba falcon

WA, Australia

im no help i bought one yesterday but i wanna know the same things. how much u pay for urs?

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:04 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

yeh go the line out converters, bcuz the high inputs off amps arent much to inspire to, unless its like a REALLY good amp, but even still the line outs r great, and for a good lineout that wont blow your amp and wont crackle and ruin your sound quality your looking at anywhere from $80-$120, i paid $100 for mine, its a Peripheral SVEN2, its won sum design and showcase engineering honors award, and it is retailed at like $120, but i got it cheap from the wholesaler, and im looking at getting another one for my 2nd amp, i am yet to install any of my system but wot i am having is 1 jaycar response precision 2channel amp for my Sub (these amps r great for BA's as they have a remote gain control and you can change the bass much more acurate than the factory H/U the from the drivers seat), and i also have 5x7 Boston Audio speakers for the rear and am getting 5x7 Boston audio splits for the front and will be hooking them up to a 4 channel amp, which means i will need 2 lineout converters, i have everything ready except for the 5x7 splits and the 2nd lineout, i will be installing it all when i get them, which shouldnt be too much longer..

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:07 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

and as for exhausts i dont have one on mine, but have spoken to a guy that has all the way through mandrel bent 2 1/2 inch with pacemaker extractors, and have heard it sounds quite nice, and not too loud, if u are worried about how loud it is, get them to put an extrta muffler on it, but they sound sweet with a nice exhaust,

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]