Fordmods Logo

BA XT FALCON - intermittant starting issues.. HELP! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: BA XT FALCON - intermittant starting issues.. HELP!
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Hi there, I have a 2005 BA XT Falcon, auto, no mods.

My problem began when driving the car, lost power, lots of shuddering, throttle error light displays on dash. Stop the car, turn it off..starts again. Started up perfectly. Read some forums.. hoped it wouldn't happen again.

Happened about 3 times in total. Took it to an auto electrician.

They replaced the plugs, cleaned the throttle body and cleaned the injectors in ultrasonic bath. No error codes were logged.

Car drove home fine, then after about 2 hours tried to start it and it cranks and cranks, but will not start. After about 3 go's it will start. Splutter and then clear. Then other times it starts perfectly like it used to and ALWAYS had.

Returned to auto electrician. This time the oxygen sensor is replaced. Long speech about the fuel in australia being poor. Drove the car home, drove fine.

Same thing again.. 2 hrs later.. try to start the car and the fault remains. Intermittant starting issue.

Annoyed.. Take the car to Ford service dept..Explain the starting issue. They replace the fuel pump and the car is returned. Drive home.. fault remains.. Sometimes it will crank and crank 2-3 times before it will start.. then splutter and clear. Drives normally.

It is not consistent whether the car is warm, hot or cold. Sometimes starts perfectly, other times hard to start once.. sometimes twice.. splutters.. then drives away normally.

Car returned to ford again, they cannot locate the fault. No error codes displayed. They tested the injectors again, checked the coils and unable to shed any light on the problem.

Car returned with a speech about well if thats all the problem is then you may just have to deal with it, in a polite way.

I just want the car to start like it used to. Normally.

Battery replaced 2 nights ago, terminals all clean. The starting problem remains.

Had anyone had anything similar ?

ideas? PLEASE!

Post subject: Re: BA XT FALCON - intermittant starting issues.. HELP!
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:20 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

I would first check for a inlet manifold gasket/vacuum leak.

Then I would buy a complete BA throttle body which includes the TPS from the wreckers and swap it over.

cheers...

Current ride 2007
ML GLX Dualcab Triton 4x4

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]