BA XT 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

XRCIST wrote:
Storm wrote:
the diff in the BA XR6 is the same as a BA XT diff isn't it?

just wondering for when i pick up my BA, coz i am thinking a 3.45 will do good, plus an edit, GT airbox(if you could call it that), and ss inductions snorkel, extractors and exhuast, and it should be good, then i'll have to wait to save more money for others things, like sat nav, sunroof, cam, and maybe a few other things but im going to have to wait on the last few things, im not bill gates, even tho people sometimes call me a walking bank, lol

i think those non turbo i6 engines in the are very good and reasonably easy to get power out of, but i'll have a play round and see.

XR6 has 3.45 and xt has 3.23.
As you said the BA engines respond very well to modifications and if you want to spend the money you can get huge amounts of power out of them. The nizpro stage 4 kit produces 275 fwkw on their engine dyno and this is still early stages.

I spoke to Simon from Nizpro and asked him about the possibility of a NA BA 6 putting out 300fwkw in the near future and he told me that in their development they are already over 300fwkw in naturally aspirated form. :shock:

F**k me. That sounds nice. How drivable is it?

The jackal, where did you mate get his diff done and how much was it?

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

VIC, Australia

XRCIST wrote:
Storm wrote:
the diff in the BA XR6 is the same as a BA XT diff isn't it?

just wondering for when i pick up my BA, coz i am thinking a 3.45 will do good, plus an edit, GT airbox(if you could call it that), and ss inductions snorkel, extractors and exhuast, and it should be good, then i'll have to wait to save more money for others things, like sat nav, sunroof, cam, and maybe a few other things but im going to have to wait on the last few things, im not bill gates, even tho people sometimes call me a walking bank, lol

i think those non turbo i6 engines in the are very good and reasonably easy to get power out of, but i'll have a play round and see.

XR6 has 3.45 and xt has 3.23.
As you said the BA engines respond very well to modifications and if you want to spend the money you can get huge amounts of power out of them. The nizpro stage 4 kit produces 275 fwkw on their engine dyno and this is still early stages.

I spoke to Simon from Nizpro and asked him about the possibility of a NA BA 6 putting out 300fwkw in the near future and he told me that in their development they are already over 300fwkw in naturally aspirated form. :shock:

ok, cool, tnks, i know what im getting then :D

4 cylinders are like chinese food, few minutes after you have them you just want more!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2