Fordmods Logo

bad idle, miss etc 

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL Falcon Wagon

WA, Australia

Crank angle sensor was cleaned,leads were changed oxygen sensor was changed and some idle thing I can't remember what it is called was also changed and we still have the same problem.We are going to have it looked into further by the people that serviced the car because they want to know what caused the problem.
The car should not have come back like it did because it only went for a service.They found a leak in the heater hose and changed that but that was all.Auto electricians have had it and they could find nothing.
Must be gremlins!!!!

Keep the BLUE Oval Flying

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef fairmont

NSW, Australia

the ef had a problem with the cam angle sencer . the one were the dizzy was . get it replaced and see how it goes. if it has a dizzy'' it will be the coil '' as thay get a hair line crack in them.and thay start to loose spark

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 95 NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

mate if the mechanic changed a hose and did a service on it the is a chance .. a high one at that he/they could of knocked a wire loose ... check ur connections and plugs (not spark) and give them a clean then try it ... it may stop it ..... *hopefully*
all the best

93 EB 4 Speed auto , 2 1/2 sports from cat back , pod filter , LSD , super low suspenstion , mok tickford rims 15" , 7 colour changing led parker lights , led no plate lights and still want more .. allooootttttttttttt more ..

"Drive it , Like you stole it " ... so whats your excuse :D

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:23 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

My car is having a new coil pack fitted right now :(. Actual coil pack cost about $177...must be genuine. Ahwell!!

Edit: In fact it is not genuine, it is bosch. They even got it from bursons, i just rang bursons and was told $95. Nice markup eh? Last time i buy parts through a mehanic.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3