Fordmods Logo

BARRA 182 PERFORMANCE REBUILD 

 

Page 3 of 5 [ 72 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: BARRA 182 PERFORMANCE REBUILD
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 1472

Joined: 11th Jan 2011

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

Location: Dalby
QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
you also need to consider pipework that snort does not supply ?
and atleast $1400 for the dyno tune..


Ahh, totally forgot about pipework and tuning. Snort does supply pipework, but for $750. So add another $2000 to my total lol and there is still more then that can be added to make it more reliable.

BRY40L, don't just quote a single line out of context. Yes, you can bolt on a turbo and upgrade few system to handle. Up the boost, and you will get close. But how long before you snap a rod, spit your drivetrain onto the road? Who knows, but I estimate about 3 minutes at most :twisted:

 

_________________

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BARRA 182 PERFORMANCE REBUILD
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
Okay, I'll add on to my previous post then.

These figures are ball park, and just rounded down to give a minimum cost.
$3600 for the 698 P1 Rebuild Kit
$5000 for a Stage4 Snort Kit (will handle 700hp)
$2500+ Crankshaft
$1000 Fuel System
$1200 Exhaust System
$2000-$4000 Gearbox Upgrade (More depending on gearbox)
$2000 To strengthen the diff
$1000 Tyres that will keep traction at 700hp.

= $20,000 ish to have a reliable 700hp, and even then s**t will still break. When I said 10k minimum before, I meant BARE minimum. You can have it running 700hp from $5000, but you will snap s**t in a heartbeat.


What about:
Atomic 698 COMPLETE rebuild kit (includes • Atomic billet conrods - either Superleggera (698kW rated) or FatRods (998kW rated), both with pressurized oil feed to gudgeon pin bush and CNC machined/honed tunnels
• Cosworth F1 forged pistons with coated skirts, pressure fed gudgeon pins, piston crown cooling and nitro carburised steel turbo rings
• ACL Competition conrod and main bearings with jig drilled oil feeds
• H/Duty gudgeon pins and .063” wire locks
• Hi-temp silicon rear main oil seal
• Installation instructions
• Torque specifications list
AND these necessary components:
• Atomic billet gear oil pump
• Atomic Race Series gasket set
• Atomic 12mm head stud kit
• Atomic Hi-Mass harmonic balancer
• Atomic main cap girdle with 998 engine kits only
• Atomic Extreme Duty Silicon Chrome Vanadium valve springs #306800 (#306812-kit for SOHC engines includes dual springs and chrome moly retainers)

$6803.50

Block Machining: ~$1k
6Boost Manifold: $1400
50mm Turbosmart Gate: $799
T04Z: $2250
4" Dump: ~$500
3.5" Exhaust: $2k
Injectors (80lb/hr): ~$400
Plugs: ~$50
Coils: ~$300
Intank lift pump: $200
Surge Tank: $200
Bosch 044: ~$200
Oil lines: $100
Coolant lines: $100
T56: $3k
Clutch: $2k
Flywheel: $700
Underdash Hydraulic pedal parts: $500
Braided clutch line: $200
Tailshaft: $1500
Diff: $5k (XR6T rear, new bushes, True Track, new a***, all assembly)
Intercooler: $1k
Cooler piping: $600
Battery relocation kit: $150
Dry Cell battery: $400
Intake pipe: $100
Air Filter: $170
XFlash3: $699
Tuning: $2k

Total: $34321.5. That isn't even a complete and detailed list of exactly what it would take to make a reliable 400rwkw that you wouldn't have to worry about. There will be more on the list.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BARRA 182 PERFORMANCE REBUILD
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
TheKrazeD wrote:
Okay, I'll add on to my previous post then.

These figures are ball park, and just rounded down to give a minimum cost.
$3600 for the 698 P1 Rebuild Kit
$5000 for a Stage4 Snort Kit (will handle 700hp)
$2500+ Crankshaft
$1000 Fuel System
$1200 Exhaust System
$2000-$4000 Gearbox Upgrade (More depending on gearbox)
$2000 To strengthen the diff
$1000 Tyres that will keep traction at 700hp.

= $20,000 ish to have a reliable 700hp, and even then s**t will still break. When I said 10k minimum before, I meant BARE minimum. You can have it running 700hp from $5000, but you will snap s**t in a heartbeat.


What about:
Atomic 698 COMPLETE rebuild kit (includes • Atomic billet conrods - either Superleggera (698kW rated) or FatRods (998kW rated), both with pressurized oil feed to gudgeon pin bush and CNC machined/honed tunnels
• Cosworth F1 forged pistons with coated skirts, pressure fed gudgeon pins, piston crown cooling and nitro carburised steel turbo rings
• ACL Competition conrod and main bearings with jig drilled oil feeds
• H/Duty gudgeon pins and .063” wire locks
• Hi-temp silicon rear main oil seal
• Installation instructions
• Torque specifications list
AND these necessary components:
• Atomic billet gear oil pump
• Atomic Race Series gasket set
• Atomic 12mm head stud kit
• Atomic Hi-Mass harmonic balancer
• Atomic main cap girdle with 998 engine kits only
• Atomic Extreme Duty Silicon Chrome Vanadium valve springs #306800 (#306812-kit for SOHC engines includes dual springs and chrome moly retainers)

$6803.50

Block Machining: ~$1k
6Boost Manifold: $1400
50mm Turbosmart Gate: $799
T04Z: $2250
4" Dump: ~$500
3.5" Exhaust: $2k
Injectors (80lb/hr): ~$400
Plugs: ~$50
Coils: ~$300
Intank lift pump: $200
Surge Tank: $200
Bosch 044: ~$200
Oil lines: $100
Coolant lines: $100
T56: $3k
Clutch: $2k
Flywheel: $700
Underdash Hydraulic pedal parts: $500
Braided clutch line: $200
Tailshaft: $1500
Diff: $5k (XR6T rear, new bushes, True Track, new a***, all assembly)
Intercooler: $1k
Cooler piping: $600
Battery relocation kit: $150
Dry Cell battery: $400
Intake pipe: $100
Air Filter: $170
XFlash3: $699
Tuning: $2k

Total: $34321.5. That isn't even a complete and detailed list of exactly what it would take to make a reliable 400rwkw that you wouldn't have to worry about. There will be more on the list.

giggity :P

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BARRA 182 PERFORMANCE REBUILD
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 789

Joined: 9th Dec 2011

Ride: S1 eb 5speed

Location: Coffs Harbour
NSW, Australia

By the sounds of it the op hasn't ever done any mechanical work, let alone built a 600hp engine, but he sure can quote alot of numbers.
Dude seriously. If you want 600hp for 10k buy a Silvia or something. A ba isn't a cheap was to go about big numbers.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BARRA 182 PERFORMANCE REBUILD
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

Pakrat wrote:
By the sounds of it the op hasn't ever done any mechanical work, let alone built a 600hp engine, but he sure can quote alot of numbers.
Dude seriously. If you want 600hp for 10k buy anything with a 2J. A ba isn't a cheap was to go about big numbers.


fixed.....

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BARRA 182 PERFORMANCE REBUILD
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:01 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 62

Joined: 6th Jan 2010

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2003 Ford Falcon BA XT

Location: Gold Coast
QLD, Australia

I was starting this Post with a positive perspective but everyone responses have made me depressed and feel like a stupid retard -_-
I Think i will go to another forum that might give me some better advice such as alternatives to go for rather than throw huge prices at me and telling me to basically give up...
You should all be ashamed this is supposed to be a community...
I never said what my budget exactly was... I said i was going to do it over some time... I said i was trying to learn...
But anyway...
I'm leaving this thread...

 

_________________

2003 BA FALCON XT
Pacemaker Extractors 100 Cell Cat
2 1/2 " Cat Back Exhaust
Custom CAI Xcal2 Generic Tune
WANTS
3.73 Diff :D

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BARRA 182 PERFORMANCE REBUILD
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 1472

Joined: 11th Jan 2011

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

Location: Dalby
QLD, Australia

67RCE wrote:
TheKrazeD wrote:
Okay, I'll add on to my previous post then.

These figures are ball park, and just rounded down to give a minimum cost.
$3600 for the 698 P1 Rebuild Kit
$5000 for a Stage4 Snort Kit (will handle 700hp)
$2500+ Crankshaft
$1000 Fuel System
$1200 Exhaust System
$2000-$4000 Gearbox Upgrade (More depending on gearbox)
$2000 To strengthen the diff
$1000 Tyres that will keep traction at 700hp.

= $20,000 ish to have a reliable 700hp, and even then s**t will still break. When I said 10k minimum before, I meant BARE minimum. You can have it running 700hp from $5000, but you will snap s**t in a heartbeat.


What about:
Atomic 698 COMPLETE rebuild kit (includes • Atomic billet conrods - either Superleggera (698kW rated) or FatRods (998kW rated), both with pressurized oil feed to gudgeon pin bush and CNC machined/honed tunnels
• Cosworth F1 forged pistons with coated skirts, pressure fed gudgeon pins, piston crown cooling and nitro carburised steel turbo rings
• ACL Competition conrod and main bearings with jig drilled oil feeds
• H/Duty gudgeon pins and .063” wire locks
• Hi-temp silicon rear main oil seal
• Installation instructions
• Torque specifications list
AND these necessary components:
• Atomic billet gear oil pump
• Atomic Race Series gasket set
• Atomic 12mm head stud kit
• Atomic Hi-Mass harmonic balancer
• Atomic main cap girdle with 998 engine kits only
• Atomic Extreme Duty Silicon Chrome Vanadium valve springs #306800 (#306812-kit for SOHC engines includes dual springs and chrome moly retainers)

$6803.50

Block Machining: ~$1k
6Boost Manifold: $1400
50mm Turbosmart Gate: $799
T04Z: $2250
4" Dump: ~$500
3.5" Exhaust: $2k
Injectors (80lb/hr): ~$400
Plugs: ~$50
Coils: ~$300
Intank lift pump: $200
Surge Tank: $200
Bosch 044: ~$200
Oil lines: $100
Coolant lines: $100
T56: $3k
Clutch: $2k
Flywheel: $700
Underdash Hydraulic pedal parts: $500
Braided clutch line: $200
Tailshaft: $1500
Diff: $5k (XR6T rear, new bushes, True Track, new a***, all assembly)
Intercooler: $1k
Cooler piping: $600
Battery relocation kit: $150
Dry Cell battery: $400
Intake pipe: $100
Air Filter: $170
XFlash3: $699
Tuning: $2k

Total: $34321.5. That isn't even a complete and detailed list of exactly what it would take to make a reliable 400rwkw that you wouldn't have to worry about. There will be more on the list.



F**k, for $34k you might as well get a loan for a 5.0L FG GT 335 and mod it lol But yeah, you are right. All that s**t and it would make that power as reliable as if it were only stock, but for $35k, noty. I want a cheap 1/4m strip only build ^.^ not too fussed if she goes kapoot in 12 months as all the parts can just swap straight over onto my daily once i hit opens.

 

_________________

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BARRA 182 PERFORMANCE REBUILD
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

jakebox wrote:
I was starting this Post with a positive perspective but everyone responses have made me depressed and feel like a stupid retard -_-
I Think i will go to another forum that might give me some better advice such as alternatives to go for rather than throw huge prices at me and telling me to basically give up...
You should all be ashamed this is supposed to be a community...
I never said what my budget exactly was... I said i was going to do it over some time... I said i was trying to learn...
But anyway...
I'm leaving this thread...

i wasnt having a go at you, i was just helping relise the cost of things, and TheKrazeD threw some silly numbers in, this is reality on building a decent boosted car coming from 67rce, if you want 600 hp in a ba you will need a big gearbox and clutch, if you want the engine you need to pay for machining costs and build the engine tough, the more air you add you need to add fuel to suit etc as the list suggests,

have we mentioned getting it all engineered which probably wouldnt happen legaly at 600 hp?

not having a go at you but its the reality

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BARRA 182 PERFORMANCE REBUILD
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

jakebox wrote:
I was starting this Post with a positive perspective but everyone responses have made me depressed and feel like a stupid retard -_-
I Think i will go to another forum that might give me some better advice such as alternatives to go for rather than throw huge prices at me and telling me to basically give up...
You should all be ashamed this is supposed to be a community...
I never said what my budget exactly was... I said i was going to do it over some time... I said i was trying to learn...
But anyway...
I'm leaving this thread...


Mate, just trying to put a realistic pespective into what it takes for such a high power figure. It isnt as simple as people like to make it sound.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BARRA 182 PERFORMANCE REBUILD
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:29 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 62

Joined: 6th Jan 2010

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2003 Ford Falcon BA XT

Location: Gold Coast
QLD, Australia

[/quote]
i wasnt having a go at you, i was just helping relise the cost of things, and TheKrazeD threw some silly numbers in, this is reality on building a decent boosted car coming from 67rce, if you want 600 hp in a ba you will need a big gearbox and clutch, if you want the engine you need to pay for machining costs and build the engine tough, the more air you add you need to add fuel to suit etc as the list suggests,

have we mentioned getting it all engineered which probably wouldnt happen legaly at 600 hp?

not having a go at you but its the reality[/quote]

Did i ever say it was going to be a road car?

 

_________________

2003 BA FALCON XT
Pacemaker Extractors 100 Cell Cat
2 1/2 " Cat Back Exhaust
Custom CAI Xcal2 Generic Tune
WANTS
3.73 Diff :D

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BARRA 182 PERFORMANCE REBUILD
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:30 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14510

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

jakebox wrote:
I was starting this Post with a positive perspective but everyone responses have made me depressed and feel like a stupid retard -_-
I Think i will go to another forum that might give me some better advice such as alternatives to go for rather than throw huge prices at me and telling me to basically give up...
You should all be ashamed this is supposed to be a community...
I never said what my budget exactly was... I said i was going to do it over some time... I said i was trying to learn...
But anyway...
I'm leaving this thread...


no need to feel depressed or like a retard, to be honest its the reality of what your up against when chasing big hp..
if you dont have a budget then by all means go for it and go all the way!...
but when i said your up for atleast 10g you said your hoping for alternatives,
if you want we can piss in your pocket and tell you how awsome its going to be and how cheap and easy its going to make hp, but its not reality..

if you want something that still puts a huge smile on your face just turbo your engine and be happy with the 270-300rwk that it should make.. a 300 rwkw falcon will and should put you into the 11-12 sec 1/4 mile, nothing to be ashamed of from a street car....
imo from a financial view your best off saving the cash and buying a f6 engine to start with and go from there or sell your ba and buy an xr6t, unless you hold off build up the money untill a pre built screemer comes along that someone has already spent the big $$$$$ on and get it at a 1/3 of what it really costs..

i myself have spent over 7,000 turboing my car and my engine is still std, to take it to the next step is a big f**k step money wise...
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BARRA 182 PERFORMANCE REBUILD
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:31 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 62

Joined: 6th Jan 2010

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2003 Ford Falcon BA XT

Location: Gold Coast
QLD, Australia

67RCE wrote:
jakebox wrote:
I was starting this Post with a positive perspective but everyone responses have made me depressed and feel like a stupid retard -_-
I Think i will go to another forum that might give me some better advice such as alternatives to go for rather than throw huge prices at me and telling me to basically give up...
You should all be ashamed this is supposed to be a community...
I never said what my budget exactly was... I said i was going to do it over some time... I said i was trying to learn...
But anyway...
I'm leaving this thread...


Mate, just trying to put a realistic pespective into what it takes for such a high power figure. It isnt as simple as people like to make it sound.


there is realistic and there is mean :/
Hey if someone just said, your looking at over 30k are you prepared to spend that? Things would have been different...

 

_________________

2003 BA FALCON XT
Pacemaker Extractors 100 Cell Cat
2 1/2 " Cat Back Exhaust
Custom CAI Xcal2 Generic Tune
WANTS
3.73 Diff :D

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BARRA 182 PERFORMANCE REBUILD
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

jakebox wrote:
67RCE wrote:
jakebox wrote:
I was starting this Post with a positive perspective but everyone responses have made me depressed and feel like a stupid retard -_-
I Think i will go to another forum that might give me some better advice such as alternatives to go for rather than throw huge prices at me and telling me to basically give up...
You should all be ashamed this is supposed to be a community...
I never said what my budget exactly was... I said i was going to do it over some time... I said i was trying to learn...
But anyway...
I'm leaving this thread...


Mate, just trying to put a realistic pespective into what it takes for such a high power figure. It isnt as simple as people like to make it sound.


there is realistic and there is mean :/
Hey if someone just said, your looking at over 30k are you prepared to spend that? Things would have been different...


I thought it would be best to break it down so that you could see why I said $30k. I myself am $5k into MY turbo build, and I haven't got the stuff on the car, or tuned. It wasn't meant to be mean, but rather break down why it is so expensive.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BARRA 182 PERFORMANCE REBUILD
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:36 pm 
Site Admin
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 8831

Joined: 18th Dec 2002

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Seems everyone forgot to ad $4.95 for the box of tissues.

 

_________________

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BARRA 182 PERFORMANCE REBUILD
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

Waggin wrote:
Seems everyone forgot to ad $4.95 for the box of tissues.


Was anyone expecting the cry when hard facts were laid out?

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:40 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names