Fordmods Logo

BARRA 182 PERFORMANCE REBUILD 

Page 5 of 5 [ 72 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post subject: Re: BARRA 182 PERFORMANCE REBUILD
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:02 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

maso1988 wrote:
2-3 grand yeah but when you're looking at the ten's of thousands you're better off saving that money for either a house deposit or something newer or built that quick out of the factory not spend tens of thousands on an engine just to put it in an old s**t beaten up taxi

true, a house yes...what if a person already owns his house?
or spend the money on some newer performance car only to have a older beaten up taxi blow its doors off, it makes the lazy "look at my shop bought supercar" driver get all upset and angry because he spent his 40-70g on his, to be put to shame by a so called"taxi"..
either way spend 10-20g on a old car or spend between20-70g on a new or newrer performance car, at the end of the day there is no profit in modified cars, the guy that spent 20g on his old car will never get his 20g back, the guy who buys a factory performance car will never get his money spent back due to depreciation..
to most on here there car is a hobby not an investment

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:08 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 97 el ghia

NSW, Australia

yeah i understand that as i'm in the same boat but why spend so much on an engine like 10 grand+ on an engine when you're going to use it as your daily ? or even have it registered in the first place ?
especially when you can just upgrade cam extractors intake and fuel and a better electrical system on the cheap and still go nearly as fast there is only 3 seconds difference between a auto falcon turboed and on nos and a slightly worked NA engine over the 400m stretch.

my build thread

the-garage-f53/maso-s-el-fairmont-ghia-build-t112744.html

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:09 am 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
Waggin wrote:
Seems everyone forgot to ad $4.95 for the box of tissues.

Was anyone expecting the cry when hard facts were laid out?

Well, it could've gone either way. Tissues for when someone puts their foot down in a 700HP car or tissues for the guy who realises that it's going to cost money to build a 700HP car. Either way, tissues are a must!

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:16 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

I'm suggesting op signs up to Boosted Falcon.

The guys there will be of more comical help. :)

Ps, DOHC is for girls.

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:21 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

maso1988 wrote:
yeah i understand that as i'm in the same boat but why spend so much on an engine like 10 grand+ on an engine when you're going to use it as your daily ? or even have it registered in the first place ?
especially when you can just upgrade cam extractors intake and fuel and a better electrical system on the cheap and still go nearly as fast there is only 3 seconds difference between a auto falcon turboed and on nos and a slightly worked NA engine over the 400m stretch.

i drive mine every day, i tow a trailer, i have aircon, i have power windows and when i feel like some fun ill drive it to the track and thrash the life out of it, then drive it home just to drive it on the street the next day..
that 10 g makes the car reliable enough to know its going to drive me home after a race..
also 3 seconds is not much in life, but on the track or any type of sport its huge..
its like saying to a swimmer, or sprint runner or even a v8 supercar driver its only 3 seconds, 3 seconds is the difference between a win and a huge fail ....

why do it? its man kind, we are competetive its bread into our nature, athletes, race drivers, people in general we all thrive on the thrill..

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:03 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

To the OP if he is still hanging around...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-4lt-bar ... 35ba4d4e0a

cheap as chips considering the things that have already been put in. It also comes with engine stand!

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

maso, it only takes 600 hp and all wheel drive to pull 9 seconds in 400 metres, yet it takes 5000+hp to get down to 5 seconds in a top fueler, not to mention a 600hp car moves over the ground and you see it take off and gain speed, that 5000+hp car thats only gained 4seconds takes off so fast it feels as if its whats making the world go round!! not to mention you hardly see it take off before its at the end of the track, its made me feel the biggest WTF when i first watched one lol, i didnt know what had happend, anyway the moral of the story is 3 seconds is alot in motorsport

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

I love how the most unrealistic threads on this site are the most popular, while the ones with actual technical merit (and require comments with actual technical insight) get ignored.

Continue...

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

skidder wrote:
I love how the most unrealistic threads on this site are the most popular, while the ones with actual technical merit (and require comments with actual technical insight) get ignored.

Continue...

ahahahahahahaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

+1000 lol!!

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Unfortunately, It's true.......

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

Quote:
Well, it could've gone either way. Tissues for when someone puts their foot down in a 700HP car or tissues for the guy who realises that it's going to cost money to build a 700HP car. Either way, tissues are a must!

hahah best reply on this thread

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:24 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ba xr6t

VIC, Australia

Sooo was this car finished or even started? Got a progress report?

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5