Fordmods Logo

barra conversion details 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: barra conversion details
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Hey guys. You probably have seen all the threads about the conversion but I have some detailed questions for the brainiacs that I cant find In searching the fordmods site and google.

The car getting this motor is an ef fairmont. Questions I have are regarding the air con. Is it possible to get it to work via the factory climate, which is the goal. And is there any detail on doing this before I give it a crack myself. The other question is the tacho signal. How when and what. The factory ba pcm uses a can signal so whats the go with that and how can I get that working. Is like to retain the efel dash but will convert to an autometer dash if I have to. I have the speedo sorted with a vdo ratio box.

After I finish my conversion I will be doing a proper write up and detailed instructions for people who are interested in doing the conversion. I have also done a ba kframe swap into the ef so will have detailed pics and instructions on that.

Thanks in advance
Josh

Post subject: Re: barra conversion details
Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR6 with BF Turbo engine

NSW, Australia

pick up the cam sensor signal from the BA ecu and wire it into the EF loom for cam sensor and tacho will work.

Climate will still work if you dont alter the wiring from the EF ecu to the ac relay

You can change the speedo settings in the tune and use the original signal from the EF transducer

RIP :( 1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering RIP

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

hey, thanks for that, i plan to get rid of the ef ecu entirely. i think i should be able to use a ratio box for the speedo and tacho, while talking to a gauge bloke he said thats the best way so thats sortof sorted for now, just want to utilise the ba ecu to operate the ac, but i doubt i can because it needs a can signal. i can rewire the ac to work indipendent but need to know how to get the ac switching out of the climate unit so i can wire it to suit.

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NL FAIRLANE BA TURBO POWERED

VIC, Australia

I just usedan auto meter tacho adaptor really simple to fit. I have a barra in my nl fairlane and still cannot get climate control to work properly. If you have any luck please share.

Cheers

Steve

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]