Fordmods Logo

Basic diy low power turbo setup EF 6 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Basic diy low power turbo setup EF 6
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: '96 EF Futura

New Zealand

Hey guys, new to the forum, I know there is lots of info on this I'm gonna go have a look at more now, but all I tend to see is people saying don't bother etc, I want to do it, so I'm gonna ask anyways..

I have a 1996 Ford Falcon EF2 Futura, it's in very good condition engine and trans wise, got the standard 4.0 six with auto gearbox, I've added a EL Intech rocker cover and custom painted it, and a short intake compared to the original one, a pod filter and black painted exhaust manifold is next, to be honest it already makes good power stock, so I'm not looking for massive gains, I'll be custom fabricating my own turbo manifold for it, but I want to know, in a nutshell, how many psi a completely stock standard engine (and auto trans) can handle (reliably, and the max) this is more just for the look and sound of a turbo engine, some of you will think that's gay and pointless but I don't care so save it, I would prefer to run a large-ish turbo on low boost compared to a small turbo on higher boost... And a second part to the question, what power can be made with minor mods, e.g injectors and fuel pump...

Thanks guys, no hate please, just a young guy wanting to experiment and have a bit of fun :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]