Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: best money spent!
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF xr6 AU3 220kw xr8

VIC, Australia

Well what a story,
Usual mods, 4499 pacies, high flow cat, 2 1/2 redback, 1673 wade, Intake mods.
Had a tune done by Paul CVE in melb :cry: , Well that didnt go down too well to say the least and ive heard stories to back my issues, but anyway the tune didnt go very well at all with a J3, pinging off its guts from 2800 all the way to limiter, couldnt get it resolved and only got 12 RWKW from the tune with a gas mixer on too (132RWKW), So this W/E i decided to change the coil pack (EF xr6 by the way), and had a quick look at the injectors and NO.2 was weeping so i rang around and for about $185 changeover i thought thats not too bad, but was advised by the guy at bursons to get my own reco'd, so i zipped down to gas place in carrum downs on friday and he was able to clean them up by sat morn, in the mean time i decided to reseal the inlet manifold and clean up the ports inside. Got that all done and cleaned, the gas bloke tells me that the injectors (standard) were only runnning at 60mls and was able to get them back to standard spec at 72mls, pretty wrapped at that and he tells me $100 bucks cash so that was even better.
Get all the inlet and injectors back in and take it for a burn. Well bugger me i paid paul $700 bucks to give me a car that pings, i spend $120 on injectors and gasket and instant HP. Just needs a good tune now and reakon she'll hit 145 RWKW.

So the moral of the story is if u have a W/E spare and get bored, injectors and reseal manifold make big gains. :wink:

Post subject: Re: best money spent!
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

kickn_it wrote:
Well bugger me i paid paul $700 bucks to give me a car that pings, i spend $120 on injectors and gasket and instant HP. Just needs a good tune now and reakon she'll hit 145 RWKW.

So the moral of the story is if u have a W/E spare and get bored, injectors and reseal manifold make big gains. :wink:

So you took a car to a tuner for a J3 tune that had crap injectors and you wonder why the results were not as good as you hoped ?
Fixed the injectors and now the car runs great with the j3 ?

maybe the moral of the story should be don't take a car with problems to a tuner expecting a tune to fix everything.

Post subject: Re: best money spent!
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

If the dude fixed everything so it was sweet.....could've cost you more than $1000.
Like MMD said.....it was running like sh!t and you still took it there expecting some numbers??? :?
There some dipsh!t people out there....you'd asked them to make sure the f/tank was empty so it could be pulled out for whatever repairs, and they'd bring it " 5 clicks full to the brim " full.... :?
Or you ask them to bring it in with a 1/2 tank for a tune problem...so they bring it in with like 8ks to empty on the DTE......????.... :?
Glad I don't have to deal with dipsh!ts anymore......really...common sense is being depleted very quickly these days.
"IF" Paul from CVE is a decent bloke, probably tried to tune it as good as he could with the sh!t that was presented.....probably happens on a regular basis???....with out spending more coin.
He could've rang you, and told you need more work done, too.

My 2 cents

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]