Fordmods Logo

BF F6 STOCK, NEED MODS INFO 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: BF F6 STOCK, NEED MODS INFO
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FPV tornado

Oustide Australia

Hi guys, im new to all this so im hoping im posting in the right section etc...
just purchased 07 f6 tornado, looking at a few MODS. not after any crazy power, just a bit more with out having to upgrade internals etc. From searching through this forum, ive come up with what i think it will need to get me started but, need some more knowledge as mine is very limited lol

ok, ive seen some different opinions on this one- Dump pipe, 4inch (is a replacement dump pipe necessary or stock sufficient?) wast gate actuator, and flap needs replacing to do so?

i will definitely get a new highflow 5inch cat. but from the cat back the twin 2.5 stock should not need replacing? maybe drop the middle muffler to gain a bit of sound?

-dekka 60lb injectors
-WALBRO RACING 275 LPH fuel pump (direct drop in for factory)
-cold air induction (in same position as factory)
-larger front mount intercooler (HDI ok?)
-x3 flash tuner (heard mixed reviews about INTUNE tunes?)
-have been told turbo oil filter and line should be replaced due to stock ones blocking?
-dyno tune

stock boost, stock internals.

can everything listed be fitted by myself apart from exhaust due to not being able to access under carriage?

please add and correct me on this post guys! your info is much appreciated :D !

Post subject: Re: BF F6 STOCK, NEED MODS INFO
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2004 ba xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

Theres no point doing any of that unless your going to turn up the boost... everything youve listed, if properly installed and dynoed tuned should see about 350 rwkw or more depending on how good the tune is, all these mods are support mods for when you turn the boost up, if your gonna leave standard boost i wouldnt bother with the fuel upgrade, just do the exhaust sytem and the induction, invest in a good exhaust system, if u dont wont too much power gain, just go with a good exhaust system (turbo back, whole system) intercooler and piping upgrade (from plazmaman), intake and battery relocate kit (plazmaman) call up capa tell them what mods youve got done to your car, and what make and model all that info, and hell slap a tune on an xcal 3 for $150, then how ever much he charges for the flash unit too, if u can get a flash unit 2nd hand for cheap, they can reset it too, just post it to him, the tune will most likely turn your boost up a couple of psi, to take advantage of the other mods, other wise the other mods are a waste of time in my opinion, theres no point modding the car with, xhaust, intake all that, unless your gonna turn the boost up to compliment the modds, the first modd in any standard turbo car, to get power straight off the bat is just to wind the boost up a couple psi, thats the dodgy way to do it, modifying a turbo car only to leave standard boost is like buying a massive 60" tv just to let it look nice in your living room, and never watching anything on it, when u get it tuned, whether it be a flash tune from capa or a custom tune from a shop they will tell u its safe to turn the boost up, and they would probably recommend it too.

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Oustide Australia

Thanks heaps for your advice, looks like upping the boost is the way to go. that's the kind of info im after! ill start looking at those brads you mentioned too.

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Oustide Australia

Brands*

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:25 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

Best thing you can do is find a tuner you are happy to work with that knows and uses xcal 3. Talk to them about what you want to achieve with the car and ask them to indicate a dollar figure to get there.

On a side not, the F6 CAI is already a pretty good piece of kit, changing away from it will see you fork out a sizable amount of coin for a small, if any improvement.

There are plenty of good tuners that are more than capable of getting 300RWKW's out of these things unopened, The injectors will be at their limit, but thats pretty much all you need to upgrade to get a very solid result.

I have a car.

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Oustide Australia

ok thanks! yes ive heard great things about the xcal 3. definitely a must for me.anyone know of a good tuner in brisbane??

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: 1997 EL XR6

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Or you could give me the F6 so I can put the engine into my EL :wink: jks. Whatever you decide to do mate the F6 is a good base if you ever want to get serious RWKW...

MGW Short Throw Shifter, CVE Cam, CVE Head, SS Big Mouth Air Intake, Pacemaker Headers, 3" Exhaust, 3" Varex, 3" Cat, 19" Silver Agents, EMS Stinger 4424, 42lb Injectors and Walbro 255lb Fuel Pump

Next: Pacemaker Comps, 6 Individual Throttle Bodies, ICE Coil and ignition

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
There are plenty of good tuners that are more than capable of getting 300RWKW's out of these things unopened, The injectors will be at their limit, but thats pretty much all you need to upgrade to get a very solid result.

I'd say the same but I'll add my own caveat to that. Might want to think about a fuel pump & regulator while your mucking about with the fuel system. May as well get that sorted for super reliable performance & possible further mods

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]