Fordmods Logo

BF MK II 2.5 XR6 non Turbo wont start 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: BF MK II 2.5 XR6 non Turbo wont start
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:00 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA & BF XR6, AU III, BA XT

WA, Australia

hey guys, just bought an 08 XR6 non turbo...The car wont start with the key. previous owner spent 3k on it and lost her rag and sold it to me for $800.

She had a second hand Premium ICC fitted and coded, that seems to work just fine, new battery and fully charged and tested, all good, 2 new keys cut and coded.

When the key is turned, all dash lights come on but it wont turn over...no click etc at the starter motor...

So ive tested all the relays under the bonnet and fuses and all checked out fine....No start

So i jumped underneath her and shorted the solenoid and the starter and she fired into life instantly..
I thought great ill just take it for a whiz round the block. Dropped her in Drive, bump no problem, put my foot on the accelerator and nothing what so ever. dropped it in Reverse, it selected reverse but again no response from the accelerator.

So in short it wont start with the key but will if I short across the starter terminals, and I have no throttle response when i do get it started..

Is this an immobilser or coding issue..Any help would be greatly appreciated

Post subject: Re: BF MK II 2.5 XR6 non Turbo wont start
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

You says the keys were cut and coded? to the car? They HAVE to be linked to the car via a PATS capable device, otherwise the car won't start. Do you get 3 beeps when you try to start it with a key?
It sure sounds like it is the case that the BCM doesn't recognise the chip in the key?

Post subject: Re: BF MK II 2.5 XR6 non Turbo wont start
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:47 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

regarding no start no drive check harnesses connectors to auto transmission are connected - does trans have oil
check starter relay under bonnet fuse box has power at contact (via 40 amp starter fuse under bonnet fuse box)-
and shunt of relay has power when key is turned and earth to pull relay in (earth comes from inhibit switch thru PCM then to relay) red/blue wire from ignition switch to start relay has power when key is turned -

keys should be programmed if vehicle starts when you bridge starter
have you scanned for fault codes

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]