Fordmods Logo

BF MKII Does the SS growler intake work with the big mouth? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: BF MKII Does the SS growler intake work with the big mouth?
Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:25 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Fairmont Wagon

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, I was looking into getting an fg2 EcoLPI for around 25k but have decided this is too much to spend given that i'm going to get a turbo when i'm off my p's in 2 1/2 years time.

So I've decided I'm going to be buying a bf mkII soon since I can get them for around 10-15k depending on km (haven't decided between ghia or xr6) and I was looking into CAI.

unfortunately I cant seem to find a herrod or kpm airbox similar to their FG models which I really like so It seems I'm going to end up going SS inductions (Assuming I can find one second hand).

I was thinking the growler airbox http://www.ssinductions.com.au/products ... owler.html I don't mind how it looks ( still prefer herrod or KPM fg boxes though).

I was wondering does that fit with http://www.ssinductions.com.au/products ... ction.html

I can't see why it wouldn't since the big mouth bolts up to the snorkel hole on the factory airbox and the growler still retains the factory snorkel but I was wondering if anyone knows for certain?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: BF MKII Does the SS growler intake work with the big mouth?
Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:12 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: '07 XT

NSW, Australia

I modified a John Bowe intake to fit my Growler. The 6 cylinder big mouths give you a new neck to attach to your existing airbox. I had to modify that with the snorkel blocking cap of the growler to make it work. It may have worked better with a V8 bigmouth but that may have also hit the engine. Overall I don't think its worth it but it is something different to look at if anybody knows what it is.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]