Fordmods Logo

Bf sr need help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Bf sr need help
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 8 images

VIC, Australia

ok so ive got a 06 bf sr falcon. so far got 2.5 inch cat back exhaurst, herrod extrcators in boot waitng to be put on and hopefully herrod hi flow cat by the w/e, jst wondering wat you mightsuggest power wise and is it posible to get near 200rwkw. im lookin at getting a the cam done new spark plugs nd leads nd then a tune jst not really sure wat else i should do. any help or suggestions would b appreciated. also looking at getting an lsd put in would it b worth it, i no the stock diffs arent to crash hot so yeh.
thanks for the help

Post subject: Re: Bf sr need help
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

200rwkw..is going to take a few mods..

full exhaust..
extractors..
custom tune
high flow cat
extra cold air induction..
mandrel intake
a port job might help.. and shave the head..
big aftermarket camshaft...
aftermarket pulley system billet...

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

thanks ford freak. wat sort of price would i b lookin at for a pulley system nd camshaft. wat r your thought on herrod extractors nd hi flow cat.

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Trying to take a B series to 200 at the wheels, while a noble task, seems a bit like a moot point, when the turbo will do that stock with a flash tune. I know some dont want a snail haging off their engine, but when you add up the + and - it doesnt stack up.

However, you can make your b sereis FEEL like it has 200 at the treads NA, by doing half the engine mods listed to get to 200, and put the turbo 6 speed diff gears in. Diff gears are the DUCKS NUTS on our falcons. Anyone who wastes time on the engine and ignores the driveline is pissing in the wind.

If you can get a set of 3.7:1 diff gears from the turbo 6spd man, you will not believe the difference, even on a stock engine. I put 3.89s in my au when the engine was stock, and the difference is amazing. The car will use its power better. It will get opff the line in orderly fashion, and also not drop out of the power band when changing up.

Instead of aiming for what is essentially "wank" factor (not accusing you of being a wanker mind you, its just dyno figures are.. well... figures...) you might want to consider doing some of that list, and the driveline to suit what you have changed.

My opinion is your money is best spent on the following:

Extractors of pacemaker or equivilant quality
a 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust, 1 main muffler, and a hotdog if its too loud.
a 200 cpi cat
A set of underdrive pulleys.
a custom cold air intake.

Have it custom flash tuned by a reputable tuner. This is a must. you should make 150-160 at the bags, and have epic torque across the range. thanks to those twin cams.
The engine will be as reliable as the sun, and if you ever sell it wont look like your a complete hoon, just an enthusiast.

add the diff gears to that much stink, and it will feel faster than a 200kw NA with standard driveline.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

thanks for that mate i spose its not so much the 200 kw im lookin for altho it would be nice its more low end tourque at the moment as it feels like its dragging albit off the line. as of last week ive got herrod extractors nd a high flow cat put on aswell as the 2.5 inch cat back. im thinkin of gettin 4.11 diff gears coz they seems more common in bf's is it worth it or just stick with 3.7's. i hav a list of mods im look in to do ive got a mate that works for ford helpin me out with it although im not sure how reliable he lol is this it wat i plan to do

Typhoon second intake
spark plugs
underdrive pulley
new cam
trans cooler
shift kit

also ive heard that the thermos in the bf is set to high so a cooler thermo as well. my mate has suggested a stall converter ive read up a bit on them and it seems as tho they r more for ppl into racing wat do you think?
Thanks for your advice

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:54 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

do the 4.11s if you can, will liven it up heaps.
forget doing cams man, you pay out the noise for f**k all gains.
while you are doing diff gears get a LS centre put in it too, im assuming it doesn't already.
other then that you got good plans, should you get you going good for not too crazy dollars.
once you've whacked all the bits in take it somewhere for a custom tune and fit the cooler thermostat, the tune will be needed to take full advantage of that anyway.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

agrees on the cams. the profiles in the stock motor are pretty decent, and a few tweaks here and there you can get worthy gains.

after running 3.89s behind my au auto, personally, i wouldnt go any shorter ratio but thats my personal opinion. I found the 2500rpm at 110 just right, and first was perfect for takeoff.

Im not too cluey about Bseries ratio options, but I was assuming 3.7's would be easiest to get, since some came out of the factory with them.

Doing the diff gears will help it pull off the line more than the motor tweaks.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

thanks for ur advice yeh im ganna go with 4.11 gears with an lsd. im thinkin bout doin a sort of post with all the stuff ive done so far so we'll see should b good wen its done

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]