BF2 XR6 Engine Light 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: BF2 XR6 Engine Light
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:49 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BF MK2 XR6 N/A

QLD, Australia

Hey,

07 BF Mk2 XR6 non turbo, 6 speed manual.

Recently had a full service, clutch replacement and brake pads (7000kms ago). Today I was driving normally and went up a slight hill and the "Check engine light" lit up. The car is running as per normal, temperature is fine, throttle response is smooth as usual and no smoke or condensation from the exhaust.

While idling, I looked under the bonnet and listened for noises. The same old water pump wine as usual, a ticking noise from the timing chain area - as usual. What I did notice was, when it idles at around 600rpm it cycles up to around 800rpm for a few seconds (also as usual) then comes down also again, as usual. However, it sounds like its knocking and looks as though to stall. I have browsed the issue on forums - Nothing similar. I have looked for leaks, no signs of leakage. I do have a rear muffler exhaust leak, I doubt it is related to that.

As the day went on I noticed the car was smelling really rich. and still drove as per normal.

Has anyone got any idea's as to what the issue may be? More info can be provided if needed...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]