Fordmods Logo

Bigmouth or K&N??? 

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

A lot of marketing has gone into K&N promotion, hence we the consumer pay for it. over time K&N will lose its filtering ability due to the fact its cotton. 4-8 washes & the cotton fibre will come lose. leaving you with less filtration. to check this, wipe the inlet tube to the {airbox to t/b tube} with your finger. fine dust?

I've used K&N for years until I switch to UNI-FILTER, they are great. two foam filtration plus whole frame is metal. it preforms just as good as K&N with better filtration.

it only cost $79.00 & will outlast K&N.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:04 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

NSW, Australia

oops, too late for me then, heh i just recently bought a k&n for $110, makes a nice airy sound, but thats all i noticed, i wasnt expecting power gains, but maybe a bit more fuel economy, but with the ss induction i think i have got all i can get from that modification...

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:42 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Quote:
well i bought an ss induction on friday, and im gunna put it in 2moro, i will get the k&n on wed probably, and i will tell u what k's i get out of a tank, and if i get any more pull outta it...im heaps curious....looking forward ot it as the most i have gotten out of a tank is 410k's and thats like wif 5 k's till empty, so i really need some sort of fuel economy boost as all my amtes are reaching high 400's if not over 500

Do you drive your car harder than your mates, or maybe you do different types of driving, eg stop start, heavy traffic....etc

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Bluexr6 wrote:
Quote:
well i bought an ss induction on friday, and im gunna put it in 2moro, i will get the k&n on wed probably, and i will tell u what k's i get out of a tank, and if i get any more pull outta it...im heaps curious....looking forward ot it as the most i have gotten out of a tank is 410k's and thats like wif 5 k's till empty, so i really need some sort of fuel economy boost as all my amtes are reaching high 400's if not over 500

Do you drive your car harder than your mates, or maybe you do different types of driving, eg stop start, heavy traffic....etc

should of gotton AU XR8 snorkel. does the same thing. SS induction is useful if we drive 160 Kmh 24/7, bloody speed limits.
there you go, just wasted $280 on a piece of plastic. cost me $33 for an XR8 snorkle with the same preformance or even better.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:30 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

oh im sorry, mr i cant afford $280 worth of plastic :lol:
go eat a d**k, and while your there, shuv your $35 piece of plastic up your f*ken a**, i know i could have got the XR8 snorkel, i knew all along, infact i could of got that $35 peice of plastic for about $10 if not free from my mate that works at ford in the spare parts department, but i didnt want to! besides which, wots to say i aint gunna turn this car into a drag car, maybe put a turbro on it? so maybe i need the extra potential sitting there ready for me to open it up?? hoo really gives a fuk u know, if i want to spend this much cash on something i will, and if u wanna spend less cash on the same thing, hoo gives a f**k, ur such a tool!
im happy wif wot i got and your happy wif wot u got, so go back to the hole u came from.

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:35 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

p.s. i would of accepted ur opinion if u said it in a more neautral way, insted of, oh me me me im better..

Bluexr6 wrote:
Quote:

yeh mate, unfortunately i dont do a lot of highway driving :( so a lot of stop and start driving in the burbs, although the intake did help, i've seen it go down to 11.8L/100km's when i dont thrash it aswell, but it is norm around 12-13L/100k's, big difference when i changed the intake and a lot more responsive,...oh and i do give it a thrash every now and then...cant help myself.. heh :)

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:40 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

It would sound as if your fuel economy is about right. Remeber its only a 68 litre tank. But i think if you were to do a highway run your economy would improve significantly.

I have a mate with a BA XR6 who bought the SS induction and he noticed the fuel comsumption go down slightly. He was happy with the throttle response though.

Stop start driving kills fuel economy. what can you do..live with it i suppose :?

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:45 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

yeh, on the highway when i rarely drive on it it goes down significantly after about 20-30mins driving, but bak in the burbs it sux, ur right though i gotta live with it :(

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

NABAXT wrote:
yeh, on the highway when i rarely drive on it it goes down significantly after about 20-30mins driving, but bak in the burbs it sux, ur right though i gotta live with it :(

refund your money & spend it on something useful. like a cam or something. If your smart & sensible, you can squeeze alot more Kw out of your engine then a over rated piece of plastic. some speed shop stop selling them cause of dummies rushing in to buy them then to there disapointment. their economy suffers, lag down low, can't tell if theres any improvement, its in the way of the powerdyne & so forth.

so did you get an extra 20 to 35 Kw?
before you rush into the next gimmick , go throu the forum and read up on the finer points, hits and missis.

it'll probably save you some money for fuel :lol:

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

sorry mate, your right. should of been more neutral on the issue. that way we can all learn from our mistakes.

piece brother :P

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:30 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

ahah F**k smartass. it looks pretty good too, cosmetic surgery always is expensive, and only for the rich and famous..

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon EGas

WA, Australia

Neo_nick wrote:
ive got a K & N in mine its not bad - but they do let a bit more dirt thru unless you oil and clean it regulary.
In some flow tests that were on here a while ago i think the paper filter actually fared better

The tests that were on here a while ago showed that the K&N had a fair bit more flow but let larger particles through because of this. In conclusion, if you need more flow, get it, but you're sacrificing filter quality.

BA Falcon Futura on EGas. Stock as...

EF 5 speed manual; PH 4480 Pacemaker Headers; 2 1/2" Lukey Mandrel Bent System; Hi Flow Walker Cat; Stage 3 Crow Cam; ChipTorque Chip; 3" Mandrel Bent Intake; K&N Pod Filter; Low Pedders Suspension; 17" EL GT Champagne Rims; RPM Series Clutch

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

NABAXT wrote:
ahah F**k smartass. it looks pretty good too, cosmetic surgery always is expensive, and only for the rich and famous..
if it makes it look fast, thats cool with me. all you need now is a turbo or supercharger.

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:58 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

considering a supercharger, although i my 'now' plans are an exhaust+extractors and the flash tuner edit, then i will start saving up my dosh for a supercharger most prob, been looking at the vortech kits,

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

If you turbo/SC it you can chuck the SS thing in the bin... or give it to Slick, he sounds envious :lol:

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next