Fordmods Logo

Bolt on cat back exhaust 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Bolt on cat back exhaust
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:09 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 44

Posts: 82

Joined: 14th Nov 2009

Ride: Ford FG XR6

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

I'm after opinions on what the best bolt on cat back exhaust is for my FG XR6 N/A sedan. Heaps on the market but im after no drone, not loud (attention getting), best performance and sound for your buck. Also a system that actually fits properly to original mounts.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Bolt on cat back exhaust
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

go for a single 2.5 inch mandrel bent system with 1 muffler and 1 resonator, dont buy any cheap ones with just the one muffler because they are going to drone worse than my ex mrs :lol:

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Bolt on cat back exhaust
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:57 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 60

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Bolt on cat back exhaust
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:14 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 44

Posts: 82

Joined: 14th Nov 2009

Ride: Ford FG XR6

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

SWC wrote:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XForce-Falcon-FG-XR6-Sedan-Single-2-5-Cat-Back-Mild-Steel-EM-FG10-/171287684933?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e18aa745&_uhb=1

I see X force makes a stainless version and mild steel. Is there any difference between these 2 apart from the material they are made of ? What is the life expectancy of mild steel systems vs stainless?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Bolt on cat back exhaust
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:31 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 60

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

nitrofgxr6 wrote:
SWC wrote:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XForce-Falcon-FG-XR6-Sedan-Single-2-5-Cat-Back-Mild-Steel-EM-FG10-/171287684933?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e18aa745&_uhb=1

I see X force makes a stainless version and mild steel. Is there any difference between these 2 apart from the material they are made of ? What is the life expectancy of mild steel systems vs stainless?


If you can afford Stainless, buy it, it will outlast the car. :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Bolt on cat back exhaust
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:16 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 44

Posts: 82

Joined: 14th Nov 2009

Ride: Ford FG XR6

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

SWC wrote:
nitrofgxr6 wrote:
SWC wrote:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XForce-Falcon-FG-XR6-Sedan-Single-2-5-Cat-Back-Mild-Steel-EM-FG10-/171287684933?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e18aa745&_uhb=1

I see X force makes a stainless version and mild steel. Is there any difference between these 2 apart from the material they are made of ? What is the life expectancy of mild steel systems vs stainless?


If you can afford Stainless, buy it, it will outlast the car. :D

What is a good price for a mild steel system?
What is a good price for a Stainless system?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Bolt on cat back exhaust
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:23 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 44

Posts: 82

Joined: 14th Nov 2009

Ride: Ford FG XR6

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

nitrofgxr6 wrote:
SWC wrote:
nitrofgxr6 wrote:
SWC wrote:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XForce-Falcon-FG-XR6-Sedan-Single-2-5-Cat-Back-Mild-Steel-EM-FG10-/171287684933?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e18aa745&_uhb=1

I see X force makes a stainless version and mild steel. Is there any difference between these 2 apart from the material they are made of ? What is the life expectancy of mild steel systems vs stainless?


If you can afford Stainless, buy it, it will outlast the car. :D

What is a good price for a mild steel system?
What is a good price for a Stainless system?

Do these systems drone?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Bolt on cat back exhaust
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:02 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 60

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

nitrofgxr6 wrote:
nitrofgxr6 wrote:
SWC wrote:
nitrofgxr6 wrote:
SWC wrote:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XForce-Falcon-FG-XR6-Sedan-Single-2-5-Cat-Back-Mild-Steel-EM-FG10-/171287684933?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e18aa745&_uhb=1

I see X force makes a stainless version and mild steel. Is there any difference between these 2 apart from the material they are made of ? What is the life expectancy of mild steel systems vs stainless?


If you can afford Stainless, buy it, it will outlast the car. :D

What is a good price for a mild steel system?
What is a good price for a Stainless system?

Do these systems drone?


f**k if I know. I own an EF :D . Not into Fag's or Bruno's
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Bolt on cat back exhaust
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:35 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 156

Joined: 3rd Nov 2011

Ride: 2009 XR6 FG N/A

Location: Townsville
QLD, Australia

Obligatory video of my 3inch Y split

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68M5zXITglQ

 

_________________

2dads XR6 FG Build

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Bolt on cat back exhaust
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:33 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 44

Posts: 82

Joined: 14th Nov 2009

Ride: Ford FG XR6

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

2dads wrote:
Obligatory video of my 3inch Y split

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68M5zXITglQ

Looks nice but I think I will go for a stainless X force system. Although no one on here has commented on what they are like on a FG XR6.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:01 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names