Fordmods Logo

bolt thread 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
 Post subject: Re: bolt thread
Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
hey guys,

i need to find out the thread size, pitch and length etc for the bolts that bolt the gerabox to the engine on an AU 4L. i need to get slightly longer ones to put the engine onto my engine stand so i can pull the sump off and get the oil return fitting welded on :twisted:

cheers


Far out man, I would have thought you could have worked this one out...

Tried some hold head bolts? I usually use old head bolts to secure engines to stands. They seem to be the same size & pitch on more than a few engines. They are also long enough to do the job usually. ;-)

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bolt thread
Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 1109

Joined: 4th Sep 2009

Ride: 92 EB s

Location: DORRIGO
NSW, Australia

dosnt have to be near you. Google a ford wreckers.
But you know its a m10 now.
So that's a start.
Ford dosnt know s**t about au's. Seems a bit strange that ford dosnt know anything about fords.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bolt thread
Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 1109

Joined: 4th Sep 2009

Ride: 92 EB s

Location: DORRIGO
NSW, Australia

dosnt have to be near you. Google a ford wreckers.
But you know its a m10 now.
So that's a start.
Ford dosnt know s**t about au's. Seems a bit strange that ford dosnt know anything about fords.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bolt thread
Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

87SIlude wrote:
dosnt have to be near you. Google a ford wreckers.
But you know its a m10 now.
So that's a start.
Ford dosnt know s**t about au's. Seems a bit strange that ford dosnt know anything about fords.


they are about ten years old now. and this Ford is full of green mechanics. AU is before them

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bolt thread
Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
hey guys,

i need to find out the thread size, pitch and length etc for the bolts that bolt the gerabox to the engine on an AU 4L. i need to get slightly longer ones to put the engine onto my engine stand so i can pull the sump off and get the oil return fitting welded on :twisted:

cheers


Far out man, I would have thought you could have worked this one out...

Tried some hold head bolts? I usually use old head bolts to secure engines to stands. They seem to be the same size & pitch on more than a few engines. They are also long enough to do the job usually. ;-)

Cheers

ToranaGuy


never thought of that. i have some head bolts lying around. will check it out tomorrow. raining right now

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bolt thread
Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 1109

Joined: 4th Sep 2009

Ride: 92 EB s

Location: DORRIGO
NSW, Australia

Yea true. Forgot how old these cars are getting. Far out.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bolt thread
Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:05 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
87SIlude wrote:
dosnt have to be near you. Google a ford wreckers.
But you know its a m10 now.
So that's a start.
Ford dosnt know s**t about au's. Seems a bit strange that ford dosnt know anything about fords.


they are about ten years old now. and this Ford is full of green mechanics. AU is before them


yes but the au bellhousing bolts and threads are still the same in ba-fg..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bolt thread
Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
87SIlude wrote:
dosnt have to be near you. Google a ford wreckers.
But you know its a m10 now.
So that's a start.
Ford dosnt know s**t about au's. Seems a bit strange that ford dosnt know anything about fords.


they are about ten years old now. and this Ford is full of green mechanics. AU is before them


yes but the au bellhousing bolts and threads are still the same in ba-fg..


i didn't know that. i'm guessing neither does Bendigo Ford lol

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bolt thread
Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
ToranaGuy wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
hey guys,

i need to find out the thread size, pitch and length etc for the bolts that bolt the gerabox to the engine on an AU 4L. i need to get slightly longer ones to put the engine onto my engine stand so i can pull the sump off and get the oil return fitting welded on :twisted:

cheers


Far out man, I would have thought you could have worked this one out...

Tried some old head bolts? I usually use old head bolts to secure engines to stands. They seem to be the same size & pitch on more than a few engines. They are also long enough to do the job usually. ;-)

Cheers

ToranaGuy


never thought of that. i have some head bolts lying around. will check it out tomorrow. raining right now


I always keep a set of old head bolts around for this very reason.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: bolt thread
Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:12 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 26

Posts: 676

Joined: 7th Jun 2009

Ride: Ford EB II Falcon

Location: Morphett Vale
SA, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
87SIlude wrote:
dosnt have to be near you. Google a ford wreckers.
But you know its a m10 now.
So that's a start.
Ford dosnt know s**t about au's. Seems a bit strange that ford dosnt know anything about fords.


they are about ten years old now. and this Ford is full of green mechanics. AU is before them


yes but the au bellhousing bolts and threads are still the same in ba-fg..


i didn't know that. i'm guessing neither does Bendigo Ford lol


Haha seems that way.

 

_________________

OLD CAR: EB II Falcon, Everglade Green, 250thous (Rough Guess), Wildcat Extractors, 2.5 Exhaust with Muffler + Hot Dog, 18 Inch Rodney Jane Mags, XH Snorkel, EA MPEFI Tubing !

NEW CAR: 1996 TE Magna...Mods Soon To Come

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dp_stoner, Google Adsense [Bot] and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:42 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names