Cam advise please 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Cam advise please
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BA Falcon

SA, Australia

ok guys...i need some advise on what cam i should get. first up the car.

it's a 1994 ED Futura 6-cyl.

i'm open to any kinda cam really, but if you read my sig, and see my current and future mods, by the end of all the mods in my sig, with a cam, i want 150rwkw.

what kinda cam will give me this?

i don't want to do anything to the computer except maybe get a tune done, and i'm willing to change valve springs, shims, etc.

basically, the biggest cam that will deliver the most torque and power, preferably with a bit of a lumpy idle, that in the end of modding, will supply with at least 150rwkw, and/or a low-mid 15 second 1/4 mile.

2002 BA XT: Painted calipers, K&N pod filter, Pioneer head unit, Fusion sub and amp, driving lights, spoiler, 19" rims, twin 2.25" exhaust with quad tips.

Soon to come... Pacemaker Extractors, supercharger.

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:46 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

150rwkw in a manual ED is gonna get you better then a low-mid 15, as long as you can drive ;)
A genuine 150atw is good for mid 14s, traction willing.

My advice would be too get the T5 in first, then an LSD, then the extractors and polish it off with a cam.

Manual ED's with LSD and not much else are plenty of fun, and probably a good idea to get used to that before you go shooting for 150atw.

A mate got conistent 146rwkws with a Dev3HL and ED Tickford head in his manual ED, and consistent 14.7-14.6s.

'Grechie' is getting 14.4s with a 1636, IIRC a stock 91AA head and a re-ringed bottom end. He's got his dyno figures up here somewhere, but I can't remember them off the top of my head :?
Haven't seen many 1636s in manual cars myself but his seems to get the times up on the board.
EDIT: 155.6rwkw apparently, after a search.

I'm running a Dev3HL in my auto ED, with stock head, and the usual s**t (exhaust, extractors blah blah), and it goes nicely, yet to take it down strip, but even with the 3.08ss it would appear to be good for mid 15s, going off what I may or may not beat on the street :lol:

Also a mates EB with Dev5, EL motor, 95DT and mild portwork is good for mid 14s, we believe there is more in it with more runs and TRACTION.
It's also alot of fun on the street.

As you can tell, it's really hard to just say 'get this cam' so I've given you a few that I've seen run in the flesh, or been in.

By no means are they all there is, theres a few I can think of off the top of my head that would also do the job, but I havent had experience with them.

A few guys more will get in here and give you some opinions, and its just a matter of making a decision based on the information you can gather.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:32 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

ive seen the results from all three of the cars in the above post, steady speecks the truth.

some good advice there

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]