Fordmods Logo

Cam Problem Timing prob i think ? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Cam Problem Timing prob i think ?
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:00 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

I have a FORD Falcon 1980 XD . Recently i had to change the cam over as the old one was so worn it was amazing that the car was even running. I went and put a dynotec stage 2 ( 31 71 ) in the crossflow. The strange part is why is it when the timeing is on 8-10 degreese it sluggish as hell , and when i advance it to around area of 14-15 degreese it has power but chews the fuel . Something is wrong i know and feel it, i need direct help and understand on what is goin on with my baby ford .. pls email addy also would be great for talk to talk about the problem . Please get me on msn (davekris60@hotmail.com ) or yeklow2002 on my yahoo messenger

thanks dave

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:05 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

What are ALL the specs on the cam card and did you degree the cam when you installed it?

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:02 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Bert wrote:
What are ALL the specs on the cam card and did you degree the cam when you installed it?

The cam specs i have here , if u want to help pls on msn messenger as i have a blocker for yahoo Srry , i went to see a drag way fella i know about it , and told him it didnt get dialed in at the time , and he shock his head and said FUK !@ , he say something to me about the valves opening shutting at the right time etc , and that he would have to have a double roll master adjustable cog setup for it also a new key=way etc , so i leavinit in his hand to fix it right for me , I love my XD and is my baby joy . so pls fell free to contact me on msn ( davekris60@hotmail.com )

ty

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Thnx for all , i have it fixed , and the cam is now diale din at 59 like it says on the spec sheet,.

thnx Yek :lol:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]