Fordmods Logo

cam upgrade for ef 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: cam upgrade for ef
Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

hey people....i posted a topic in the old fordmods and i asked about where to go for a good cam upgrade in brisbane, i was recommended to surecam in stafford, however they do not install them. would it be best to get what i want and get some random mechanic to put them in or should i go to a cam place that will install them. if so does anybody know a good place to go. would i get a decent upgrade with noticable performance including install for 700 bucks

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

wade cams are usually the agreed upgrade around here, www.wadecams.com.au
you can go a JMM or CROW but they are a bit more expensive. Im goin the JMM (they do mail order kits) cam as soon as i can get the money together.

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

if i had a six, from what i have heard i would go a wade cam. you have $700 to spend?

the cam costs about $150, if you want to dial it in properly you should look at vernier gears roughly $100. you will need shims and a new set of lifters wont go a stray - these dont cost that much. to have it installed your're up for about $200. anyone with half a brain can do it.....would you be willing to try it yourself? get a workshop manual and you cant realy go wrong!

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:03 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

hot_eb wrote:
if i had a six, from what i have heard i would go a wade cam. you have $700 to spend?

the cam costs about $150, if you want to dial it in properly you should look at vernier gears roughly $100. you will need shims and a new set of lifters wont go a stray - these dont cost that much. to have it installed your're up for about $200. anyone with half a brain can do it.....would you be willing to try it yourself? get a workshop manual and you cant realy go wrong!

surecam in briz told me one of their profiles cost about 600 all up i think no install and they claim 20kw at the wheels with noticable torque increase.

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:57 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

jonno (SVO XR6) has just got a surecam, and from what i've heard, is VERY happy with it...

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

hey jonno (SVO XR6), what profile did u get from sure cam, what model car u got, how much did it cost u, where did u get it installed if anywhere and how much. is the performance alot better?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]