Fordmods Logo

can central locking problem cause flat batteries? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: can central locking problem cause flat batteries?
Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:45 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Hey guys,

I have a 94 EF falcon futura, 6 cyl. Was locking up the car a few nights ago, I pressed the lock button on the key ring and the locks began jumping up and down, from what ive noticed it seems to do this if one of the doors isnt closed correctly? The next morning I went to open the car and the locks came up really slow, the car wouldnt kick over, the battery was dead. I bought another battery and put it in, everything was fine, until tonight.

About 4 hours ago, I was heading out in another car and as I walked past my EF I sighted the front door locks (which were down indicating that the car is locked), out of habbit I lifted the rear passenger door handle to make sure and the door actualy opened, all the other doors were locked and were responding to the lock and unlock commands from the key ring, but this door always remained opened, i tried to get it to work and during this period the central locking was jumping up and down here and there, I had to leave so I locked the rest of the car and left. I just got home (4 hours later) and the f^%kn battery is dead again. Is it just coincidence or is there a link somewhere?

Any help is gladly apprecaited, I just about put my fist through the windscreen before, so frustrating. we checked upon installing the new battery last week and the alternater is charging correctly as it should. I dont know what to do.

cheers,

Post subject: Re: can central locking problem cause flat batteries?
Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:39 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

YES they can cause your battery to go flat.Some Fords I've seen have had the central locking cycling up and down until the battery dies.Fix the central locking problem and all will be sweet.Most often the actuators are the problem but shorts in the harness are coming up as well.Kevman.

Post subject: Re: can central locking problem cause flat batteries?
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

cool, thanks for that!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]