Can i use cables for EF/EL on my SERIES 1 AU FAIRMONT 6 CYL 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Can i use cables for EF/EL on my SERIES 1 AU FAIRMONT 6 CYL
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Gday,
Posting for the first time. Tried looking but couldn't find anything of help. So starting a new thread. Incase anyone of you fine people know of an existing thread, do let me know please. Meanwhile...... here's the "issue/Question"... So i bought NGK Ignition lead set off ebay a couple of years ago and never used it. Last week, i was about to change my spark plugs and accidently snapped the cable. I thought i will get the cables changed, since i had a new set sitting in the storage. The mobile mechanic i use, suggested that the set i have is for a much older Falcon perhaps EF/EL.
This brings me to my question "Can i use ignition cables meant for EF/EL on my SERIES 1 AU FAIRMONT 6 CYL"
Thanks heaps.
P.S. I did some research and was able to reconnect after doing some surgery onto the boot and cable connector. but would like to get the whole set changed.

Post subject: Re: Can i use cables for EF/EL on my SERIES 1 AU FAIRMONT 6 CYL
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 EL Falcon - Last of the EL's

NSW, Australia

pretty sure you can use the EL Cables for a series 1 AU EF Cables are different they are a coil pack setup, AU2 cables are different aswel, not sure how they are but i keep getting the wrong ones every time i go to do a service, but yea EL cables can be used with AU1

why are women like clouds? eventually they f**k off and its a really nice day.

telling the truth is just lack of imagination

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:29 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

singhlude wrote:
This brings me to my question "Can i use ignition cables meant for EF/EL on my SERIES 1 AU FAIRMONT 6 CYL"
Thanks heaps.

seeing as the EL six has a dizzy as per the EA/EB/ED you won't be able to use a set of EL ignition leads on ya AU1 as they won't fit ..... EF might fit as they are a coil pack like the AU . . but i don't know if the coil connections are the same.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 EL Falcon - Last of the EL's

NSW, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
singhlude wrote:
Thanks heaps.

seeing as the EL six has a dizzy as per the EA/EB/ED you won't be able to use a set of EL ignition leads on ya AU1 as they won't fit ..... EF might fit as they are a coil pack like the AU . . but i don't know if the coil connections are the same.

AU's arent coil packs they use a coil + dizzy Ford tried coil packs in the EF but it was to troublesome so they went back to coil + dizzy for the EL then that transferred to the AU

why are women like clouds? eventually they f**k off and its a really nice day.

telling the truth is just lack of imagination

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:37 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

GTFORDMAN wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
singhlude wrote:
Thanks heaps.

AU's arent coil packs they use a coil + dizzy Ford tried coil packs in the EF but it was to troublesome so they went back to coil + dizzy for the EL then that transferred to the AU

i had a AU2 with coil pack. EA to ED were coil/dizzy, EF were coil pack but due to issues with the coil packs system they went coil/dizzy for the EL, then back to the coil pack on the AU. AU1 i believe uses the same coil pack/connector as the EF [not 100%]. then BA/BF/FG/SX/SY/SZ went a different coil pack setup again.

qwQe123456 wrote:
Appreciate all your suggestions. https://stcloudfencingcompany.com/

no problem - stop with the fencing routine will ya.

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2002 AUII Fairlane Sportsman V8

SA, Australia

singhlude wrote:
Gday,
Posting for the first time. Tried looking but couldn't find anything of help. So starting a new thread. Incase anyone of you fine people know of an existing thread, do let me know please. Meanwhile...... here's the "issue/Question"... So i bought NGK Ignition lead set off ebay a couple of years ago and never used it. Last week, i was about to change my spark plugs and accidently snapped the cable. I thought i will get the cables changed, since i had a new set sitting in the storage. The mobile mechanic i use, suggested that the set i have is for a much older Falcon perhaps EF/EL.
Thanks heaps.
P.S. I did some research and was able to reconnect after doing some surgery onto the boot and cable connector. but would like to get the whole set changed.

Yes you can!!!
EF coil packs & AU S1 coil packs are exactly the same.
AU S2/3 coil packs are different…
EL leads can NOT be used in any of the models with a coil pack

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]