can ya.... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: can ya....
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:12 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AU1 XR8 Ute, EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

will a EA manual box fit in my EL mont? i can get one but im not sure if its all the same s**t, i know ill have to get pedal box, comp, and the rest of it but will the actual box bolt up and is there any difference from EA to EL T5 boxes? any help would be appreciated
cheers
nash

99 AU1 XR8 Ute, Manual /// 97 EL Fairmont, 5 speed manual, Super Lows, Tickford Head, Crow cam, Vernier Gear, Double valve springs, Balanced Bottom End, Hi tech Headers, Hi flow Cat, 2.5" cat back, muff and resi, K&N pod in Airbox, C/D/S rotors all round, EL GT Rims, 3.45 LSD Diff.

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:23 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

There have been heaps of threads on this...maybe you should have searched it.

But since you already started the thread. EA - EL boxes are basically the same. Except that the EA boxes had something different with the fly...something about them having 3 bolts where as the EBII onwards had the 5 bolt fly...I think that was correct, someone correct me if I am completely wrong.

Not sure which one is which but the 1st gear in one of them boxes have different ratios...so one had the shorter while the other had the longer first gear but I am unsure of which one.

Boxes should bolt in without the need for bellhousing I think...someone correct me on that one too.

That's all I know but don't quote me...I'm just regurgitating (spelling?) what I have read on here but not 100%. I am also in the market for a T5.

hope that helps a little

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]