Fordmods Logo

Car uses too much Oil 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Car uses too much Oil
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:21 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford EB II Falcon

SA, Australia

Hey Lads some of you may know i drive a 1993 EB II and every time i check the oil i have lost some, whether its not much or a lot either way it is annoying, i put some "Stop smoke" in my car to try to stop possible oil burning but it didnt work !

Every time i start the car i my garage fills with smoke/steam (in the morning alot, during day just a little) i dont know what it is either it is white smoke or just steam, and today i took the car for a drive to warm up then once i stopped 5 minutes later i started it again and one again i got more steam/smoke and something whether it was fuel or water was coming out the back !

Please help me i dont know where my oil is going, I used Penrite 20W-60 and i dont wanna waste $38 oil !

OLD CAR: EB II Falcon, Everglade Green, 250thous (Rough Guess), Wildcat Extractors, 2.5 Exhaust with Muffler + Hot Dog, 18 Inch Rodney Jane Mags, XH Snorkel, EA MPEFI Tubing !

NEW CAR: 1996 TE Magna...Mods Soon To Come

Post subject: Re: Car uses too much Oil
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:30 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Maybe its the valve stem seals.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

how many kms? if its high use a thicker grade oil. also check for leaks and repair if required

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

peaandham wrote:
i dont know what it is either it is white smoke or just steam, and today i took the car for a drive to warm up then once i stopped 5 minutes later i started it again and one again i got more steam/smoke and something whether it was fuel or water was coming out the back !

Go check your coolant and have a look at the oil on your dipstick. If there is white smoke/steam that means water is getting into your cylinders which generally means head gasket. If your coolant appears to have oil in it or vice versa then you need to get it replaced asap.

Other reasons for oil loss are f**k rings or valve stem seals as said, this will result in black smoke out the exhaust.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:14 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

it has done about 240 thousand K's ! just check since the last time i have topped it up it has used jack all, but the coolant doesn't have any oil in it and the oil isnt milky !

OLD CAR: EB II Falcon, Everglade Green, 250thous (Rough Guess), Wildcat Extractors, 2.5 Exhaust with Muffler + Hot Dog, 18 Inch Rodney Jane Mags, XH Snorkel, EA MPEFI Tubing !

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

my car use to use a bit of oil just before the rebuild, about 200,000k's. He said it was because there was a lip on the bore from wear and tare, probly because i use to give the engine hell.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:55 am 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

How much did the rebuild cost if you dont mind me asking ?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]