Fordmods Logo

CAUTION - NOT ADJUSTABLE 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: CAUTION - NOT ADJUSTABLE
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:00 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BF Falcon XR6 N/A

NSW, Australia

Hi there guys,I need some help as soon as possible. My passenger side Froont Welsh plug was weeping. Today i decieded to replace that, I went and bought one from Supercheap auto and now em in middle of removing the old welsh plug. The problem is I cant access it properly due to the fact that there is a Black thing that says "Caution - NOT ADJUSTABLE", how to remove that thing and what is it for ?. Any help will be highly appreciated, The car is in the driveway and not driveable coz i punched a hole by mistake in the welsh plug,cheers.

2006 BF Falcon XR6 N/A - <current>
1995 EF Falcon Futura

Post subject: Re: CAUTION - NOT ADJUSTABLE
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Is this an EF?

The black thing is the replacement for the distributor. Can't remember the name. It is removable, but I'd wait to see what somebody with more experience says.

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:11 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Sorry for not mentioning, It an EF i6. the black thing that says "CAUTION - NOT ADJUSTABLE" just spins freely in both clockwise and wnti-clockwise directions but doesnt come out, I dont know how to remove it,thanx for your prompt reply SLO,lets wait for some more experienced advise,thanx in advance everyone.

1995 EF Falcon Futura

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:13 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

SLO247 wrote:
Is this an EF?

The black thing is the replacement for the distributor. Can't remember the name. It is removable, but I'd wait to see what somebody with more experience says.

Yeah thats the cam angle sensor....

You will need a Gregorys workshop manual to tell you the process of installing it after taking it out.

Cheers

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:16 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Thanx mate, Just wondering if I should attempt removing it,is it sensitive part ?

1995 EF Falcon Futura

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:17 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Sam_Rizvi wrote:
Sorry for not mentioning, It an EF i6. the black thing that says "CAUTION - NOT ADJUSTABLE" just spins freely in both clockwise and wnti-clockwise directions but doesnt come out, I dont know how to remove it,thanx for your prompt reply SLO,lets wait for some more experienced advise,thanx in advance everyone.

If your having trouble taking it out, you should be able to use a flat head screwdriver to lever it out gently.

To install it back again, you will need to set your engine to top dead centre and place a drill bit in the cam angle sensor to hold it in the right position.

Im not sure of the best way of tackling this but you will get all the info you need in a workshop manual.

Cheers

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:18 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Thanx mate, Just wondering if I should attempt removing it,is it sensitive part ?

1995 EF Falcon Futura

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:21 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Part of it that goes into the engine shouldn't be sensitive. I would be careful with plastic top. But its up to you if you feel confident enough to remove it.

Do you have a workshop manual?

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:45 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Nah mate I dont have workshop manual :( coz most of the work I learnt from me old man, as he was a mechanical engineer [May his soul R.I.P], and never bothered bout the service manual. Thanx for ur help guys, the welsh plug is out from the car without removing the crank angle sensor and without breaking anything.I'll post the picture of the removed welsh plug when i finish the work,cheers.

1995 EF Falcon Futura

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

I have a Question rather ask it here than start a new thread is the (CAS) the thing that says CAUTION NOT ADJUSTABLE in place of where a dizzy would go I have done a diagnostic check and it says that it is out of range error code 214 is this the part that is faulty as I have a spare here to replace it if it is? or is the code 214 for the other sensor that goes above the crank? car is ok on low revs but yo try to accellerate and it hessitates and has no power and gets hot the longer you drive it any help?

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]