ceramic brake pads 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: ceramic brake pads
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

just wondering if any one has tried out ceramic brake pads before, and what their experience with them was.
as ive heard their is less dust and it appears lighter. having deep dish rims this would be allot more suited to me as i wash the car judging on how black my rims look :lol: just wondering if this will effect stopping distance and rotor wear.
cars a XR6 N/A, running DBA slotted rotors up front with plans to upgrade the back to slotted pretty soon

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Post subject: Re: ceramic brake pads
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

I ran EBC RedStuff (ceramic) on the front of my EF with DBA slotted rotors. The were pretty good to start with, but deteriorated with wear. I found initial bite to be average when new (they like some heat), and pretty poor by the end of the pad's life.

They basically make no visible dust - at least on the EF. Could be different on the B-series, with different wheel offset and two-piston calipers.

I changed from Redstuff to QFM HPX and won't be going back. The make a small amount of dust, but a fraction of what a typical pad will generate.

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR6 with BF Turbo engine

NSW, Australia

Try the new Ferodo therma quiets. They are suitable for use in DBA slotted rotors, minimal dust and noise

RIP :( 1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering RIP

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

i might get a pair soon, but im still pretty hesitant, as their allot of reports on the net about how they chew through rotors quicker, and id prefer to clean dust then replace the more expensive DBA slotted rotors

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]