Fordmods Logo

Charger R/T E49's make our 6's seem crud 

Page 4 of 7 [ 93 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

yeah true but was just saying not all engines are as bad as beeing metioned.

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

the ba xt/xr6 have 182kw!! also the e49 charger may have had 225kw but that doesn't mean every 265 has that power. those cars like the phase 1,2 and 3 etc were released in limited numbers from factory so they could be eligible to race. cars had to be based on production. its not only the emission factor that slows cars down these days it is also the weight factor and that is largely due to safety. have a prang in a charger and the car will hold up well but all that energy that is absorbed by the car these days, in the charger is absorbed largely by the occupants.

take a good 500kg out of the ba and a sub 15 or v low 15 would be possible.

a stock vl turb has 150kw. torque is piddly. ea s pack mpefi 5 sp had 11 kw less but more torque. i owned one of these and they went very well. advances were then made as tickford came along and developed the 4.0 even further but nowadays the xr's are a factory ford item. fpv at this stage do not develop the 4.0 six. a real shame really. end rant.rave.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:44 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL

NSW, Australia

Mechan1k wrote:
Not sure if this is the E49 ... i am not sure on the model numbers, etc.
Saw this up at Newcastle a few months back

Nope, its not a E49 its a VH 770, and thats my beast (see my nick is the number plate lol). i was kinda shocked to see a picture of it up here, my every day drivers a 98 el falcon gli with all the typical mods, but the charger is my toy. It runs a heavily worked 360 backed by a 727 auto and a custom borgwarner diff. I would of liked to have a E38 / 49 but they are getting bloody expensive to buy, $50,000 plus for a small tank E49 and more for a big tank car, but its not hard to build a 265 with injection and turbo and get some serious horse power out of a old pushrod motor, but after having the 360, i thinks i'll stick to v8's lol, but for a everyday reliable 6 you cant knock the old ford I6. Its hard to compaire the technology from a 30 plus year old motor to a newer OHC style engine, the advancements in technology have allowed smaller engines to make just as much or more horsepower then a larger capacity old push rod motors and use much less fuel. But back in its day the old hemi 265 was the ducks guts in performance 6's and was up until only a few years ago the quickest production car off the factory floor built in australia, not bad for a old val hey lol. Compairing the 265 to these new DOHC BA engines or the nissan rb motors, they aint even in the same league, but in saying that, it dont mean you cant punch some pretty decent figures from one, you only have to look at summernats and for the last 4 or 5 years in a row a hemi 6 has taken out the N/A 6 cyclinder class.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I think I may have misrepresented myself. I'm an Old School muscle dude all the way. If I want to go as fast as I can from point to point, I'll hop on my bike and leave every car crying.

Alls Im saying is that the 6 cylinders coming from Japan and Germany, are some serious bits of gear.

With that said, the sound of a hemi off it's tits is a f**k awesome sound, not quite that of a XY GTHO!!!!!!

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA ute, FG XR6T

NSW, Australia

And there you have it. Chrysler fans have respect for Ford. Ford fans for the Chrysler. It always been this way. Both were serious muscle car contenders in the US. In Aus, Holden struggled to compete with these offerings on the tar. I was often told as a boy that GMH had a lot to do with the demise of our muscle car era as a lobbying force against. Anyone out there old enough to remember, who may remember?

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

mspw wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:
Yeah if I didn't own a Ford I would own an Old School Chrysler anyday.
Check out this 1977 Chrysler CL Regal with the 5.2Litre V8 that me mate once owned. Probably one of the best Valaint Regals I have scene.

Those 318 wedge motors were an easy 300HP provided you opened the valves up to hemi-6 spec. Bottom ends were good to 6700rpm without rebuild. Chrysler were a real performance outfit in their day. My father still owns a '63 Pheonix TD2 with factory 318 Poly and push-button auto. Full unibody even back then.

Believe it or not this Chrysler Regal withstood a Nissan Skyline GTR and a Subaru Liberty B4 both drag racing and both doing 80km/h and both crashing in to each other while crashing into his rear end on Epping Rd, Lane Cove. This pic was taken 3 months after it had got the Chassis straightened out. You cant see it but the crash only basically crumpled up the rear panels somewhat. But obviously the other 2 cars were written off.

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Funny enough my mate who owns the Chrysler Regal hates Holdens but likes Fords as well as Chryslers

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL

NSW, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
Funny enough my mate who owns the Chrysler Regal hates Holdens but likes Fords as well as Chryslers

That seems to be the go, any show i go to the ford guys love the charger and vals in gerneal and vis versa, i thinks its got a lot to do with the lack of wanker factor that both these brands of cars seems to attract unlike a certian other maker of cars, lol plus i think that seems ford and chrysler shared a huge compatability in driveline and running gear between the makers makes them distant relos as such hahaha, the hemi 6 run the bw35 box as did the early ford 6's until the bw 40 came out, borgwarner diffs are identical execpt the mounting points for the springs, both manuals were 4 speed borgwarner single rails, they run the same uni joints, brake boosters were even the same and thats all i can think off the top of my head, and now with all these 5 speeds behind fords, i know of a few putting the t5 ford box behind hemis and small blocks.
Dont get me wrong here i love the old charger, but when it comes down to it the reliabilty, comfort of these new cars cant be beat, i enjoy driving my el every day just as much as i enjoy driving the charger every once in a while. The hemi 6 was and still is a underestimated weapon, and hidden in the body of a centura makes it a lead tipped arrow, but as things improve and the cheapness of parts become available the old hemi 6 will be made way for other conversions, and its already starting, people talking about putting lexus v8s in the vals (ive even thought of that conversion) and with the release of the new 5.7lt HEMI v8 in the chrysler 300c, a crate engine with computer and gearbox is cheap enough to import and i know of one charger haveing this conversion dose as we speak and its goina be a ripper.
I never thought id see the day where i was on the ford mods site talking about my 1st love of chryslers and haveing guys give the old vals such a rap, its good to see the respect for both makers of cars, im a dedicated chrysler man but also love my fords, it was kinda funny last weekend was at eastern creek for the v8s and both me and my mate were more focused on the chrysler 300c saftey car, we drooled over that many of times we seen and heard it come outta the pits, dam what a sound, but there i was with my ford shirt on only mins later cheering on the fords lol. If any of you guys are more curious about the ozzy hemi 6 as it was oz built and designed (us had a proto type but dropped it but it was a 310 from memory cubic inch version compaired to out 265 cubes) or any other val stuff theres plenty of sites, http://www.fullyslick.com/forums/ is the main oz chrysler forum or theres http://p206.ezboard.com/bmoparmarket just to name another one. hope i havent dribbled on to much or gone off topic lol

Chrysler 300C leaving the pitts http://users.netcentral.com.au/~shaneb/300c.wmv
Ford Ute in the VB Challenge having the rev limiter tested :D http://users.netcentral.com.au/~shaneb/baute.wmv
JUSTA6 Turbo 265 in a centrua http://users.netcentral.com.au/~shaneb/justa6.wmv

BADNWS
Massively Over Powered Ashphalt Ripper (MOPAR)
First On Race Day (FORD)

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
exholden wrote:
I agree that the Hemi 6 was a damn good weapon, but for my money the best 6 that's been in an Aussie car is the RB30E in the VL Commodore.

Sorry mate, but no. There only quick when there turbo - never seen a quick NA 6 VL. The 265's were quick NA carby 6's!

My Brother has a N/A VL 5spd commodore. He has pulled 124.7RWKW at the Dyno at CHIPTORQUE on the Gold Coast. Mods are XF throttle body, 80mm stainless steel intake, bored out intake plenium to match XF throttle Body, Crow Cam, Redline airfilter and cold air intake, Stage 3 Chiptorque chip.

So with the right mods they are a quick car, his car would probably run high 14's, considering the car's weight and the diff gears.

Cheers.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Well if it wasn't for the 3" XF throttle body he wouldn't of pulled those sorts of numbers.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
mspw wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:
Yeah if I didn't own a Ford I would own an Old School Chrysler anyday.
Check out this 1977 Chrysler CL Regal with the 5.2Litre V8 that me mate once owned. Probably one of the best Valaint Regals I have scene.

Those 318 wedge motors were an easy 300HP provided you opened the valves up to hemi-6 spec. Bottom ends were good to 6700rpm without rebuild. Chrysler were a real performance outfit in their day. My father still owns a '63 Pheonix TD2 with factory 318 Poly and push-button auto. Full unibody even back then.

Believe it or not this Chrysler Regal withstood a Nissan Skyline GTR and a Subaru Liberty B4 both drag racing and both doing 80km/h and both crashing in to each other while crashing into his rear end on Epping Rd, Lane Cove. This pic was taken 3 months after it had got the Chassis straightened out. You cant see it but the crash only basically crumpled up the rear panels somewhat. But obviously the other 2 cars were written off.

What's with the red X? I wanna see the pic of this beast.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:40 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: buick

VIC, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:

I have a soft spot for Chryslers and would take one over a old holden anyday to restore. Those VF/VG 2 doors & Chargers look great modified.

ghiaman

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ok yeah, seems I've been shut down eh?

But I don't know about calling the Holden's 'Crud' cos a HT 350 Munro is not only nice looking, it's got a Chev V8 in it to boot, and they go hard as.

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:
mspw wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:

What's with the red X? I wanna see the pic of this beast.

Might have to lower your privacy settings or adjust your Security settings to allow Cookies :?:

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

nah, the pic is having issues i think, i'm getting the red X too..... i think it may have exceeded its bandwidth limit

Banned

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 7  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next