Chewing Fuel 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Chewing Fuel
Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Hey All,

Got a drama with the Fairmont - Had a big yellow taxi jump a red light in front of me a few weeks back and I T-Boned him in the city. No dramas, off to the paneley's and all fixed. Got the car back and it was running like a bag of s**t. Whacked a new set of leads on (as I knew the old ones were crap) and away it went. Out of that tank of fuel, I got normal K's. (400/450 round town) I've run 2 tanks since and my economy has gone through the floor. So much so that my trip meter is reading up to 18.4l/100kms at tops, but hovering around the 17.3/4 mark. Any Ideas??

I've been running the Boost 98 in it for a bit - is this one possible problem? Bad Economy?

Thanks,

1996 EFII Fairmont - Sunroof & fully optioned...

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:37 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

O2 sensor, vacuum leak, MAP sensor, injectors leaking, fuel leak there are a lot of possiblities. I mean spark and leads are probably the first things to do...then air filter, and check the oil. Is the Temperature sitting right? or is it lower then normal...if so youre thermostat might be in the s**t.

It was found that my rocker cover wasn't on properly when I was using about 18-20L/100km...and then O2 sensor replaced and now I am sitting on 14L/100Km...still having a bit of issues. Oh and my timing was about 2 notches off which was A LOT.

Hope that helps

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i had vacume leaks, and slowly dying o2 sensor, which caused my consumption problems, also had a totaly dead cam angle sensor on the ef, but i dont think that was a cause of the problem. you are best of taking it to a mechanic getting them to check for vacume leaks and then have them run diagnostics on it to pin point the problem instead of replaceing everything it "could be".

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]