choices 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: choices
Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ef xr6 turbo

SA, Australia

hey fellas i ve saved up a little money and im curious as to what youz think i should do. basically whats im after is better 1/8th mile times id love to get a 9.2

anyways i have a el fairmont 4.0L which i have converted to manual, done cai and put a zorst on. the choices are upgrade from 3.23 single spinner to 3.73 lsd or a wade 1673 cam and a eliminator switch chip from capa. i want faster time down the strip

any sujestions

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Post subject: Re: choices
Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

you will notice more with the diff ratio change & LSD, than the cam & chip

so i would get the diff done first, but fit a cam ASAP shortly after..... the tune can wait as the car will run happily without it... whilst waiting for the chip/tune get someone to play with the ignition timing a little to get some small gains from it

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ef xr6 turbo

SA, Australia

Yeah I had pretty much made up my mind about what im doin I was just blown away I rang three places in sa and the best price I got was 2100 drive in drive out that's lsd and 3.73 ratio so that's why I started thinking other things. Id love to get down to a 9.3 down the 1/8th mile

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

buy a used tight LSD from ebay for $300-$350 and used diff gears from the same seller for $220, then source all new bearings you need from Mal Wood for $200ish (?) then get quotes for labour to fit them.

ebay seller
http://shop.ebay.com.au/merchant/vicmel ... Z1QQ_fromZ

Mal Wood
http://www.malwoodauto.com.au/

Labour shouldnt be more than $500-$600

Theres $1370 all up. Im running reco'd LSD and used 4.11's and it whines a little but is tight as f**k, and saved a bit of money in the process

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]