clutch wrong size!!! pics inside 

Page 2 of 3 [ 32 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Power: 132 rwkw

QLD, Australia

HaZZa, what model car you got? i have an ea manual box etc here to go into the ef. jees hope i dont have this much problems!

175.7hp 15.5 @ 374,000km
Team I have two E-Series AND all my teeth.

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:11 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: falcon eb

WA, Australia

oh and just for reffrence the car the box is going inotis a 93II eb that i think was an ex copcar. for one reason in the log book it was registered to the comminsioner of police and on back of the cluster it has a tag with police written oin itaswell as another tag with

rass
ed26/led spac POLICE I.6
tue 8-12-1992 13:31

written on

heres a pic of the car from today

Attachments:
DSC00046.JPG
DSC00046.JPG [ 53.8 KiB | Viewed 77 times ]

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR6 with BF Turbo engine

NSW, Australia

the bolt holes are not uniformly even. Keep turning the flywheel and you will find they will line up.

RIP :( 1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering RIP

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:24 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

they couldnt if u lookat thebottom ofthe pic where there on top ofeach other there out by 10-15 mm..there'sno way they could line up..

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yea just noticed the spigot size looks too big. I reckon they have supplied the wrong flywheel.

RIP :( 1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering RIP

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:30 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

yeh dammm idiots.

oh well me missus is letting me use he rcar to go trake down everything. bigest pain in the a** this hasbeen. ill keep u all inform on my progress.. and howshe goe's in he end ..

cheer's for all ya help guys

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:36 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

HaZZa wrote:
thanks for that snap 0964 just did the test and it cam back to a eb IIonwards box... so what would be the clutch /flywheel toget ?? ????considering the clutch above on the right is an eb onward one and matches he flywheel but he fly wheel dosnt match the motor ??
No probs Dude.
I was under the impression that EA or later flywheels would fit any E series crank, the only thing to watch for is that the holes are offset as macxr8 has said - this means they aren't perfectly hexagonal. It's a bit hard to tell from the pic, but it does look like that driveplate and the flywheel have different pitch - all I can suggest is the same as macxr8, try that first.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I had a EA box etc bolted up to an EL with no dramas. All flywheels are the same pitch etc from EA thru to AU at least. EA & EBI have a smaller flywheel, EBII on have the larger clutch and flywheel.

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:49 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

macxr8 wrote:
I had a EA box etc bolted up to an EL with no dramas. All flywheels are the same pitch etc from EA thru to AU at least. EA & EBI have a smaller flywheel, EBII on have the larger clutch and flywheel.
Thanks for that info macxr8 - wouldn't the flywheel diameters be the same in all ??? I say that because I think you'll find the BTR autos and all the T5's would have the same position for the starter motor in their respective bellhousing casts - hence for engagement onto the ring gear. AFAIK the only difference between flywheels are the drilled holes for the pressure plate.

EDIT: Hazza, I'm about to put an EA box and EA clutch gear into my EL wagon - that flywheel is definately the wrong one, just checked mine. The other giveaway just dawned on me - the ring gear diameter between the driveplate and the flywheel in your pic is different diameter - should be the same.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:51 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

yeh it is a tad smaller too so i say it is the wrong one heresapic ofth 2 together and the diffrence all round

Attachments:
DSC00042.JPG
DSC00042.JPG [ 46.16 KiB | Viewed 88 times ]

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Dont think they are the same size on the face, cause when I bought the conversion, I got the wrong clutch and looked at redrilling it to suit the bigger clutch and it would not go. Maybe the have a bigger ring gear to compensate?

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:27 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Here's couple of pics of an EA 3 bolter if that helps . . . .

Most people will recommend you change the engine rear main bearing seal while the box is out, given the age of the car, also probably wouldn't hurt to replace the front and rear seals of the T5 before it goes in as well, machine the (correct!!) flywheel front face as well . . . .

Attachments:
File comment: EA Flywheel rear
EA_rear.jpg
EA_rear.jpg [ 66.04 KiB | Viewed 68 times ]
File comment: EA flywheel front
EA_front.jpg
EA_front.jpg [ 65.11 KiB | Viewed 74 times ]

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

the flywheel they gave you IS NOT from an Inline 6 engine. the I6 has a nuetral balance flywheel.
the one you have there, has a counter ballance weight on it

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:13 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

yep thats true just got back and its of a v6 commie.. gotthe right one now and the new clutch i already have fits on the only thing is i dont have the 3bolts to boltit on.so off to get some tomorw from covertries or somewhere.

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:18 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

cheeres for everyones help about this.has been a pain in the a** but allsorted cant wait to finish work tomorow get the bolts and wack it all back together and take her out fora spin... just hope the rain holds off till im done.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next