Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

frankieh wrote:
hmmmm, negative pressure in your air intake.. I have only one thing to say..

If it doesn't blow....... it sucks.

:-)

Not all of us can get bargain m90's frank! :lol:

enough isn't enough

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

hey man... I got it on Ebay... I setup a search in ebay to email me any auctions with M90 as the search term.. then I waited for the right one to show up.. took a couple of months, but eventually it did.. :-)

can't wait to finish this thing.

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

frankieh wrote:
hey man... I got it on Ebay... I setup a search in ebay to email me any auctions with M90 as the search term.. then I waited for the right one to show up.. took a couple of months, but eventually it did.. :-)

can't wait to finish this thing.

i cant wait for you to finish it :)

what are you doing on the induction side of things? going to 3 inch? anything special?

I know N/A 3 inch intake isnt much chop, but with your m90 Id Imagine a good intake setup would be worth while developing.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

well I have a customised pod setup already... will probably advance that a bit more with something that picks up air from the front bar.. I was planning to put an aftermarket EL XR6 front end on it and before I do, I'll do some custom fiberglass work and integrate pickups at the exact high pressure points in the front bar and try to make it look factory.

As for pipe size.. I'm not sure yet.. I was actually thinking of 2.5 inches actually.. the intake and outlet adapters have 2.5 inch pipes on them so it would be the easier option.. (except for entry to and exit from the intercooler which is 3 inches)

I had an idea the other day.. If I run the piping exactly right.. I can run a 2.5 inch pipe back from the intercooler up though the gap in the middle of the BBM runners and onto the intake mouth without having to go over the top of the manifold at all.. that way it would be nearly invisible and I could actually modify a factory setup to cosmetically sit over the top of the custom pipework so that to the un-knowledgeable eye, it would look totally factory. stealth is the name of the game I'm playing here.. I want this thing as invisible as I can make it. good against the cops.. and good against the holden drivers.... :-)

I'm not sure that pipe diameter is as important when you are charged... I could be wrong.. but a great deal more air will go down a 2.5 inch pipe compressed under 10psi pressure than will go down a 3 inch pipe being drawn down by a NA motor.

Besides, I am more than half convinced that even with 2.5 inch piping, the intercooler (despite being a huge thing with 3 inch inlet and out) is still the biggest restriction to windspeed and flow.

I will experiment anyway..see what works best..

later on down the track I plan to switch to water to air intercooling and then I'll just have a pipe go from the outlet of the charger, though a small heat exchanger and straight onto the intake.. at that point I might swap to 3 inches.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2