Fordmods Logo

Coolant is being drained fast 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Coolant is being drained fast
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:01 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 1994 Ford Falcon

NSW, Australia

My car was having an issue where it was using alot of coolant. I've replaced the thermostat, currently using demineralised water until I can work out what the problem is. I was told it could be the heater core, and if it floods on the passnger side at the floor pan, that's a good indicator the heater core is broken. The answer is, yes it has, but only on days it has rained, and I blame a minor leak somewhere else for that. How do I get to the heater core and remove it? I was told once I do that and just use the right size hose, that should solve it. TIA!

Post subject: Re: Coolant is being drained fast
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:08 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

TheInfidelsFalcon78 wrote:
My car was having an issue where it was using alot of coolant. I've replaced the thermostat, currently using demineralised water until I can work out what the problem is. I was told it could be the heater core, and if it floods on the passnger side at the floor pan, that's a good indicator the heater core is broken. The answer is, yes it has, but only on days it has rained, and I blame a minor leak somewhere else for that. How do I get to the heater core and remove it? I was told once I do that and just use the right size hose, that should solve it. TIA!

what car?.

Post subject: Re: Coolant is being drained fast
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:07 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2002 AUII Fairlane Sportsman V8

SA, Australia

TheInfidelsFalcon78 wrote:

Is your car missing???
Could be going into cylinder(s)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]