Couple of questions 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Couple of questions
Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

Hi all, just a few quick questions for you. I just booked in my XR to get serviced etc and i was talking with the mechanic and when i asked him about my LPG system he told me about this new revolutionary Straight LPG setup that is fast becoming more advanced than Gas reserch.

Not sure what company does it but this is what the system consists of- a Adjustable fuel pressure regulator which overwrites the current one being used this is then used to force in the Gas thru the new style of injectors (LPG Injectors) i belive these are also quite better flowing than standard ones also.

The gas is then forced into the fuelrail and is put straight thru the injectors allowing for maximum fuel to be let in. it has a 40-60% increase in engine power as thier are NO restrictions! also doesnt have a converter or any of the other s**t that makes duel fuel engine looks messy! :)

Anyways i just thout i would raise the question, not sure if anyone else has heard of it or not. I wouldnt ming gettting the $$$$ to afford something like this thats for sure.

Also where can i order Magnecore igition leads i need a set of Sprial cores and the mechanic reccomended this brand to me as they are real top quality stuff. :)

Cheers

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

do a bit of a search, there's been a lil discussion about LPG injection IIRC

Banned

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XHII pano, Landau

VIC, Australia

Ive heard parnell's vapour injection is really good, been thinking about going straight gas for awhile now. This other one sounds like another 1 i have read about but it wont be avaliable for awhile from what im told

Automatics only come in assult riffles
---------------------------------------
www.aussiecoupes.net

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

blackjack_original wrote:
yeah, but this doesn't sound quite like anything what was discussed. 'sfar as i can remamber only GTI and Parnell were mentioned. 40-60 % power increase is MASSIVE.. i would say 4-6% was good... I'd really like to know more about this system... can you ask him what it was callled when you go in for the service?

Yeah when the guy was talking to me about it i was amazed it sounds like a real top notch setup :) Its also won an award for the design of the system to :shock:

He also mentioned this is better than anything from Parnell etc as no converters etc are needed a massive induction pipe is also used which will suck in massive amounts of air into the TB, far better than any duel fuel setup out thier :P

I would expect to pay alot for something like this thou for a top notch LPG system you pay about $3000 give or take. :lol:

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA ute, FG XR6T

NSW, Australia

Back in July.....

Quote:
As an update, I have spoken to the guy who has performed the HSV / Gas Research vapour injection install. Apparently the system is a prototype, though available. Approx $4500 complete install and tune. Fuel delivery is worked on a piggyback module that takes it's signals via the OBD2 connection (I believe that makes sense) effectively bypassing the ECU. Basically all the backfire problems have been eliminated and a 6kw power difference from petrol, however a lot of that cost is in tuning the system. It works either dual fuel or straight LPG.

More interestingly, the Bruce Campbell offering (that uses the ecu for fuel delivery - factory and otherwise) is on the verge of finalized developer backing (explained as 'finalising the paperwork'). His system has apparently been running a falcon for the past 2 years and 200,000km without any problems. The fellow I spoke to believes we should see a product in 6 months.

regards

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yeah that sounds promising, i also forgot to say that the system i was explaining uses the O2 sensor and uses the ECU just like it would normally except for the fact that gas is being used insted.

Next time im thier i will try to get more infor on it :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]